To be mightily pissed off for DD about her birthday?

(29 Posts)
Trazzletoes Sun 20-Jan-13 09:04:15

It's DD's 1st birthday tomorrow. I fully appreciate that she will not remember this but there will clearly be photos (or lack of them...)

We had invited family over today for a party for her. They all live some distance away and, while we have no snow forecast til late tonight, they all had significant snowfalls yesterday and more forecast during the day today.

They have all cancelled. This, in itself, is fine. I would also not be travelling and would not expect, or want, anyone to put themselves in danger.

DS is unwell and will be going in to hospital on Wednesday until, realistically, Easter at best. There is no point re-scheduling the party because it will be months away.

Due to DS' illness, DD doesn't get the attention she deserves anyway. AIBU to be really pissed off and sad on her behalf that she doesn't get a proper birthday party and some attention just for her from everyone?

I'm emotional so don't be too hard on me, please.

ajandjjmum Sun 20-Jan-13 11:58:07

So sorry Trazzle - Happy Birthday to DD and hope things go well for DS.

One quick thought - you may well need some support over the next few months - do you think this might provide an excuse for you to invite the neighbours in for a cup of tea to celebrate DD's birthday, and perhaps get to know them a little more. I'd be round like a shot for cake - and would be glad of the opportunity of letting you know you can call on me, if needs be. smile

MrsLouisTheroux Sun 20-Jan-13 14:58:51

I hope you're having a good day smile

Trazzletoes Tue 22-Jan-13 23:03:24

Just to say, we had nice family fun time on Sunday. Had a party scheduled for Monday as well with DS' friends but our snow out paid to that...

More snow play and lots of merriment.

Not the birthday celebrations I had hoped for, and some explaining for her when she is older, but good times nonetheless.

Thank you, all of you, for helping me to see the positives in what we have.

mercibucket Tue 22-Jan-13 23:10:53

glad things went well - at least snow looks exciting in photos!

hope all goes well for your ds this month

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now