To be furious with DH?

(6 Posts)
thebody Sat 19-Jan-13 10:57:52

Ok so you can afford to order more equipment then do so.

Yes he's been a careless prat but accidents happen and my dh would think cellotape would be fine.

You can't be 'furious' over this surely?

Bottleoffish Sat 19-Jan-13 10:29:55

We're not hard up, I just try not to spend much money on myself. He knows I want to do this as a business in future.

Bottleoffish Sat 19-Jan-13 10:26:38

I had left them to soak in a jug of water while I delivered a cake so he was trying to be helpful by putting it in the dishwasher. It's not so much that he broke it, more that he thought fixing it with cellotape and then putting it away without telling me was ok.

thebody Sat 19-Jan-13 10:26:37

Are you hard up? Not being rude but just wondering if your dh is a bit cross that you spent a lot of money on this and do it as a hobby.

If it was a real business and made money maybe he would take it more seriously.

Have you told him you intend to start a business? He might feel differently then.

What was he doing using the brush anyway?

Bottleoffish Sat 19-Jan-13 10:21:16

I make cakes for a hobby and have quite a lot of professional equipment that cost quite a bit and has to be mail ordered. A while ago DH decided to clean an item of my equipment and lost a piece, which meant I will need to buy another one but as its fairly expensive I haven't done so yet.

So, this morning I have gone to use a paintbrush on a cake and the handle has been snapped but cello taped back together, which is obviously not acceptable re: food hygiene standards as it can't be cleaned properly. That is mail order only too.

I am furious and when I asked DH about the brush instead of apologising he started making excuses. He is really precious about his own things and would be furious if I ruined something of his through being careless. He has now gone off in a huff.

Yes, it's childish I know, but I feel this is part of the fact he just doesn't feel my hobby (which I would like to make a business in the future) is important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now