Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

DH and snow

(23 Posts)
Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 15:17:48

So we are stuck in the house. Car won't move and (due to medical issues) I'm reluctant to risk walking about
Neither DH or I can get into work today. So the AIBU is, he's spent all day working and I have done 5 minutes whilst looking after DCs.
(Disclaimer. I'm a teacher but I have planning, reports etc that need to be done.)
So MN. Do I
A) Leave the bastard
B) Bury the bastard in the snow
Or
C) Leave kids with him, risk injury and go on a highly vital excursion that will take 6 hours?
grin

NewYearNewNagoo Fri 18-Jan-13 15:21:09

Can you not just get in the bath, lock the door, put the radio on and eat chocolate?

Send him on the excursion. With the DC. It's good for them to get some air.

Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 15:32:26

Great idea!

saturdaymorningyawn Fri 18-Jan-13 15:33:11

I have just got in bath and left DP and DS downstairs. I can hear his mobile ringing but today was a booked holiday anyway so no idea why he's been working confused

weegiemum Argentina Fri 18-Jan-13 15:33:55

Yes yes! The bath!

(have wine in there too!!)

lovelyladuree Fri 18-Jan-13 15:35:08

Don't some people have really very boring lives?

Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 15:42:24

Wow. And some people have MN names that suggest they are something they are not!
Just fed up of doing it all. This was intended to be a lighthearted thread that allowed me to vent a little.
That'll teach me to post in AIBU!

Softlysoftly Fri 18-Jan-13 15:43:53

Because yours lovely must be thrilling. Were you typing whilst skydiving on your latest snarky comment?

Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 15:45:09

Hahahahaha.
I love MN. Venting and laughing combined. Thanks Softly!

Softlysoftly Fri 18-Jan-13 15:45:28

Ignore it op whilst having a wonderfully exciting life that person has a tendency to get its kicks by being negative on every thread.

Because it's fun winding people up on mn. Even when you are a very busy, non boring person hmm

YorkshireDeb Fri 18-Jan-13 15:46:03

Touché softlysoftly! X

Softlysoftly Fri 18-Jan-13 15:46:30

Xpost grin

I'd go with the excursion led by him suggestion of I were you!

Snarky grin

Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 15:48:21

You lovely vipers you!

SallyCinnamonandNutmeg Fri 18-Jan-13 15:48:26

LTB.
Obviously.

QuickLookBusy Fri 18-Jan-13 15:51:40

Go and tell him you need at least 2 hours before tea, to do your planning, and that you are going to tell the dc that he is now in charge and they aren't to disturb you.

Then get in the bath do your work.

SallyCinnamonandNutmeg Fri 18-Jan-13 16:01:46

On second thoughts maybe LTB tomorrow. May be a bit of a palaver trekking through the snow with all your suitcases etc.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Fri 18-Jan-13 16:05:46

You can tell when the schools are closed grin

OP you should have negotiated first thing this morning what time each of you were going to work... but as you didn't, it's his turn to have the kids now till they're in bed smile

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Fri 18-Jan-13 16:06:13

That includes making dinner and getting the house straight!

Wolfiefan Fri 18-Jan-13 16:09:40

If I left it to him to deal with both kids and do dinner then I think our house would be reduced to a smoking pile of rubble.
But hey it would melt the snow!
AI also BU to be counting the hours until I can have some wine with my whining?!

SallyCinnamonandNutmeg Fri 18-Jan-13 16:11:00

No, someone has already started another thread saying they were already on the vino at 3.30

NaturalBaby Fri 18-Jan-13 16:15:23

I've just seen a dad walk past with his 3 dc's and a sledge. I vote for getting your dc's to bury him in the snow to make a ramp to sledge dive off.

DameMargotFountain Fri 18-Jan-13 16:17:00

LTB out IN the snow?

that way you get 2 out of 3 (and that ain't bad)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now