AIBU to spend this afternoon in bed with Jack Reacher and a Chocolate Orange?

(50 Posts)
ImperialBlether Fri 18-Jan-13 15:03:12

We were sent home from work at lunchtime because there was half an inch of snow on the ground. I could tidy the house. I could iron. I could do some work for work. I could wash the kitchen floor.

I'm in bed with Jack Reacher and I've just opened a bag of Chocolate Orange slices. I intend to eat them all. Oh and the electric blanket is on.

I've broken a couple of the seven deadly sins here, haven't I? Should I get up and wash the kitchen floor?

Oh and I live alone so no children are harmed by this idleness.

Sorry for thread hijack!

I do love me some Jack Reacher, I also have a bar of praline chocolate hidden in my bag for emergencies.
I have also whispers seen the film.
It was ok - it just wasn't Jack Reacher...

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 18-Jan-13 18:38:53

Yes to Jack Reacher, (but no to Tom Cruise), and definitely no to chocolate orange. Definitely yes to ANY other form of chocolate.

Ha stepaway I'm also plymouth! The non snowy half... Basically - studentsville :-)

I like this thread.
I have read all the Jack Reachers but would love to curl up with him and chocolate. And a tiny baby on the side would be lovely too.
Lovely as they are mine are teenagers, though DS2 likes to read JR.

stormforce10 Fri 18-Jan-13 18:17:59

Lora he's not causing issues he's merely being sociable. If he's anything like my baby he thinks you look lonely and bored fast asleep and are in desperate need of company and something to occupy you

agree tom cruise is spoiling my image of jr

Lora1982 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:56:57

Im pleased i didnt let tom cruise/jack father the baby... And your welcome to him at 4am :-D hes gorgeous at all other hours but at 4 he likes to cause ishooz

Chottie Fri 18-Jan-13 16:51:08

sounds like a perfect afternoon to me smile

Awks Fri 18-Jan-13 16:48:20

Oh god I can while away ours with Jack Reacher. Or I could until that bastard Tom Cruise came into the picture, now all my Huge Jackman crossed with Gordon Ramsay fantasies are spoiled.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 18-Jan-13 16:45:26

TastesLikePanda I'm in Sw too, Plymouth smile I am sooo craving chocolate now oh the joy of tapping and unwrapping a whole choc orange mmmmmmmmmmm

stormforce10 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:44:47

or could jack father the baby? \not sure wht sort of dad hed be would he ever stay in one place for long enough?

stormforce10 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:42:32

Oh Lora how locwly. Lovely enjoy every minute the time goes so quick. Ds is nearly 6 months and it feels so long already since he was a new bornl he's helping me typ can yuou tel?

purplewithred Fri 18-Jan-13 16:42:13

Torn between a little baby and Jack Reacher + Choc Orange. Can I have little baby first, then Jack + chocolate when baby goes back to its mummy. Or maybe a basket of kittens instead of a baby. Would kittens + Jack + choc orange all together be weird?

Lora1982 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:36:08

Yep hes my first (proud face) 11 days old now. Dexter grin

whois Fri 18-Jan-13 16:23:30

I love jack reacher books, I love chocolate orange, I love bed and electric blankets. Sounds like a win win afternoon!

karatekimmi Fri 18-Jan-13 16:03:13

Any chance I can send you my 7 month old to play with while I get in bed with jack reacher and eat chocolate? no. Complaints about chocolate orange here

The roads were awful this morning so my day of lying in bed reading tidying the house has gone out the window!!

ImperialBlether Fri 18-Jan-13 16:00:04

How old is your new son? Is he your first?

ImperialBlether Fri 18-Jan-13 15:59:27

Ouch, Lora! It does get better (the breastfeeding, I mean!)

Lora1982 Fri 18-Jan-13 15:56:01

Im doing this exact thing. Jack reacher, chocolate orange (segmnts) in bed with newby ds torturing my nipples. Not impressed w the film to be honest

ImperialBlether Fri 18-Jan-13 15:53:40

I hate the way chocolate does that, Bunny. It's like it's just determined to get in the trolley, no matter how much it's not wanted.

I was worried about my arm, today, too - I didn't realise it could move that fast. I think I must have been a pickpocket in a previous life. Or one of those people in the circus who throw knives. I only saw the bag of chocolate orange out of the corner of my eye and I swear it would be impossible to time how long it took for my hand to grab it. There just aren't the machines available.

OK I see your Jack Reacher and Chocolate Orange and I raise you a hot cup of latte and Jason Ornge (from Take That) wink

EnchantedBunny Fri 18-Jan-13 15:48:10

It is the milk chocolate with delicate flakes of Anglesey sea salt. I am completely obsessed with the sweet/salt combination at the moment.

EnchantedBunny Fri 18-Jan-13 15:46:02

It is gorgeous, Imperial. 2 bars launched themselves into my shopping trolley yesterday evening. There is only empty wrapping left now blush

schoolgovernor Fri 18-Jan-13 15:45:34

I won't pay to see the film. I'll wait until it's free on the telly. grin

Sidge Fri 18-Jan-13 15:43:27

God no who needs an excuse for Jack Reacher and chocolate?

If I weren't at work I'd get you to budge up and I'd join you grin

TeamEdward Fri 18-Jan-13 15:43:22

Microwave choc cake is your friend, Feelingood, if you have some cocoa powder?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now