to wonder if there'll be any ....

(16 Posts)
RuleBritannia Fri 18-Jan-13 10:03:57

.... kind deeds today?

My male next door neighbour has just waded through half an inch of snow called to see if I'd like any shopping from Sainsbo's. We usually take turns to drive there on Saturdays but the roads weather might be worse tomorrow so he's going today. I asked for only one thing so I don't have to go out.

Isn't that nice?

I let a ladys bulldog sit in my buggy under the raincover on the way home from the shops. It decided it didnt like snow halfway through his walk and the lady had a bad back and couldnt carry him so we gave it a ride home. Toddler was thrilled

< shines gold star>

SundaysGirl Fri 18-Jan-13 10:08:28

Ah that is nice. smile

Not a kind deed from me but my son will be chuffed when I pick him up as a surprise this afternoon from school, he was expecting not to see me till gone 7pm as had an important thing at work that got cancelled.

So guess that's the silver lining for having to rearrange something which is going to take ages to do.

McPhee Fri 18-Jan-13 10:09:47

I've just called our elderly neighbour to make sure she is ok.

She's a beggar for pottering round her garden in all weathers. I do worry.

Fakebook Fri 18-Jan-13 10:13:21

I have opted to walk everywhere today, and not take the car, thus leaving the road with one less crappy driver in the snow and keeping roads safe. grin.

SkeletonButterfly Fri 18-Jan-13 10:15:24

I have just put an enormous pork joint (feeds 12) in the slow cooker to feed all my family! They live a few minutes away but are all at work so they are coming here when they finish to be fed grin

RuleBritannia Fri 18-Jan-13 10:41:48

I'm pleased to read these stories. I liked the one about the dog in the pushchair. That helped three beings: the dog owner, the toddler and the dog.

It's not 11 o'clock yet so there might be more as the day goes on.

MerryCouthyMows Fri 18-Jan-13 10:57:44

I have up my seat at the bus stop for a lovely older gentleman.

RuleBritannia Fri 18-Jan-13 15:53:55

Any more?

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Fri 18-Jan-13 16:21:51

I volunteered myself (via facebook) for emergency childcare should anyone need it due to schools being shut.

And I made a cup of tea for a man who'd spent 20 minutes trying to get his car out of a ditch outside my house to keep him toastie until someone more practical came along.

I also leant my neighbours my BBT DVDs (which they've never seen shock ) to entertain them whilst they're snowed in.

smile

Pandemoniaa Fri 18-Jan-13 16:23:20

I'll nominate the two nice blokes from a nearby garage who have rescued me, all the shopping and the dead car. They loaded the shopping into a courtesy car and I was home again (to the middle of fucking snowy nowhere) before the drama ever had the chance to turn into a crisis. All this in a blizzard too.

WelshMaenad Fri 18-Jan-13 16:26:41

I am not venturing outdoors today and I'm not sure being nice to my own children counts?

However DH and I did grit our entire road by hand yesterday as roadworks meant the gritter couldn't get down - it's a very steep hill and I was knackered but quite a few people said thanks so that was nice.

NeedlesCuties Fri 18-Jan-13 16:42:43

Went to dentist for check-up, with 3 year old DS who also needed check-up and had 5 month old DD.

Got snowed in and another patient helped me load the kids back into the car then he drove it out of the dentist's entry, as it's on a slope.

Drove 1 mile home then skidded trying to get my car into the driveway. Neighbour across road got me a bag of grit and helped me up the drive.

In the house now, in pyjamas, will be going nowhere till this is all over!

WaitingForMe Fri 18-Jan-13 16:44:51

I didn't throttle DSS2 when he came in from playing in the snow and left the back door wide open. I was feeding baby DS in the living room so I heated the patio for a good ten minutes!

WaitingForMe Fri 18-Jan-13 16:45:29

That's a good deed right?

Softlysoftly Fri 18-Jan-13 16:50:25

DH and our neighbour just pushed a horribly weather unsuitable Alpha up the steep hill into the owners drive. They had managed to get out and down but were wheel spinning in a big puddly mess on the way back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now