To ask where the update went?

(43 Posts)
GrumpyCrossPatch Fri 18-Jan-13 00:07:20

Sorry if this as been done to death. I read all 1000 posts and shamelessly watched the update. One 12 hour shift later and it's vanished leaving me desperately nosy and wanting answers curious.

Mia4 Sun 20-Jan-13 12:03:28

Might be strange but is it worth having an 'update thread'? One of the lj sites I'm on has 'secret updates'-a post that goes out a week for posters to update on older (no longer being bumped) threads.

ResolutelyCheeky Sun 20-Jan-13 10:30:19

sooty you ever been to olu deniz? (strange coincidence)

ilovesooty Fri 18-Jan-13 20:24:43

sooty - was it the individual answers? If so that rang bells with me too but damned if I can quite remember why! V v annoying!

CheCazzo it was more the sort of careful writing style - as if English wasn't her first language. I think the thread I might be remembering was at Christmas just over a year ago: something to do with PIL and crappy presents/behaviour.

GrumpyCrossPatch Fri 18-Jan-13 20:14:40

It was a wolf, not a dog I believe...

Drizzleit Fri 18-Jan-13 19:09:53

Was anyone else hoping the Dogs and Grandchildren thread was going to be a spin off update? Might start a thread about Dogs on Rugs...

trofeewife Fri 18-Jan-13 14:52:20

I don't care if it was for a book. I've lost my kindle.

manicbmc Fri 18-Jan-13 14:52:01

I bet it was a journalist. And not a very good one at that.

Veritate Fri 18-Jan-13 14:47:25

Come on, MILfromhell if you're watching - how about starting a new thread telling us how the lunch went and how DIL reacted when you went round with your ever-so-kindly baked cake for her?

maddening Fri 18-Jan-13 14:42:48

I hope she comes back and tells all smile

I reckon mnhq should open a "the troll files" section so those threads can be locked and popped in there - sometimes they can be amusing smile

VariousBartimaeus Fri 18-Jan-13 12:19:51

"its like starting a book or a film and someone saying in the middle of it "no more for you!""

That happened to me sad Was bought a book for Christmas which jumped from page 214 to page 263 hmm angry sad

Most irritating as the book actually wasn't great but had just started to get going and poof!

EmpressOfThePuddle Fri 18-Jan-13 08:41:39

Book. I hadn't thought of that. There's a bunch from a writing group who try out their plotlines on here hmm maybe it was one of them.

elizaregina Fri 18-Jan-13 08:12:06

I dont understand it myself it was just a bit of fun, we all enjoyed it - everyone wants an ending....

I have an almost identical situation going on I could have been that DIL i asked my Dh to be on high alert when she said she was going round with a cake!!!!!!!!!! We have a dog which I know my OCD cleanliness obsessed MIL will be hitting the roof about - with our NB!!!! I found it really cathartic and fun to have this real life MIL from hell posting and it was really funny!

elizaregina Fri 18-Jan-13 08:08:31

it took us a long time to get the hang of it but the thread was hillarious in the end and I and a few others with difficult mils found it very cathartic....the op did try to hint not to derail the thread but it obvioulsy got reported sadly and now tons of us will never know what happened " at the meeting" sad.

I dont think the poster was malicous in anyway personally and she gave us all a bit of fun....thats allowed isnt it?

I think MN should get someone in to create an ending for us. Unless this will be a book and now we will all buy it so we get the ending"!

ResolutelyCheeky Fri 18-Jan-13 07:35:59

She was making sandwiches when she last replied to me and then poof! There must have been a horrific bread knife type disaster?

CheCazzo Fri 18-Jan-13 02:10:56

sooty - was it the individual answers? If so that rang bells with me too but damned if I can quite remember why! V v annoying!

ilovesooty Fri 18-Jan-13 01:28:03

Her writing style reminded me of someone - can't for the life of me remember who though.

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Fri 18-Jan-13 01:18:34

I think before 1pm MNHQ came on and said OP wasn't who she said and they were deleting. Gutted.

im gutted it went. i wanted an update. was up till 4:30am reading the original one.

its like starting a book or a film and someone saying in the middle of it "no more for you!"

i could weep sad

DeepRedBetty Fri 18-Jan-13 01:03:30

I've just found another thread I was on has been deleted, and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was about! <feels really quite miffed>

I was on the one about a banned poster who'd persuaded another poster to say hi to her old mates. When that one got deleted at least they told us why - 'We think this thread has broken virtually every rule but particularly goading and troll-hunting.'

PickledApples Fri 18-Jan-13 00:54:48

How weird that the first one is still there.

It was a strangely emotive subject and was really touching nerves / stirring demons / pissing people off!

But The French One posted 101 posts - a tenth of the total, quite the fabrication.

I don't understand it, but I think trying to understand it is futile!

AngelWreakinHavoc Fri 18-Jan-13 00:51:12

The reason MNHQ gave was....
This thread has been deleted for hmm reasons..

GrumpyCrossPatch Fri 18-Jan-13 00:49:45

A conspiracy I tells ya grin

PickledApples Fri 18-Jan-13 00:49:23

shock scary indeed.

The original is definitely still there - if a work of fiction, surely that would be gone too?

DeepRedBetty Fri 18-Jan-13 00:48:13

Sorry all it says is Thread Deleted. In Big Scary Red Letters.

DeepRedBetty Fri 18-Jan-13 00:46:45

Ooo I WAS on it! Off to check Threads I'm On.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now