to be annoyed at DH....

(26 Posts)

......for mixing up my loads of washing and putting a mixed load into the washing machine and starting it on a too high a temperature, thinking he was helping?

thatisall Mon 14-Jan-13 02:48:33

Argh! Tho sounds like my house!!!! Drives me crackers! And my eh always manages to due just one I a set of pillow cases, pair of socks, bottoms but not top of pyjamas!!!! Somehow his clothes remain unscathed! Grrrrr

mixed here too, always on 40°, and we dont iron either

dh even knows how to use the machine its why i married him grin

JusticeCrab Mon 14-Jan-13 02:21:49

If you told him not to do it then it's NU to be annoyed.

I always do mixed too and only iron when specifically asked to which is usually one shirt a week. Mil irons EVERYTHING and bought me an iron and ironing board because we didnt have one thinking that I would actually use it. Dh would like his stuff ironed but I told him that unless he learns to do it himself it aint happening. I bet Mil would do it if he asked though <mummies little prince> grin

SneakyNuts Mon 14-Jan-13 01:57:09

Mixed loads? What is this you speak of?!

YorkshireDeb Mon 14-Jan-13 01:52:54

I wish my dp was helpful enough to make this mistake. The closest he gets us putting some stuff he wants washing in the machine & closing the door. I then discover it next time I go to do a wash load & have to resort everything. X

MammaTJ Mon 14-Jan-13 01:36:38

I do mixed low temp loads and so does DP. We have both got through piles of laundry today, with whoever is nearest moving it along.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Mon 14-Jan-13 00:48:27

I never Iron either its one of the those chores invented to piss women off, hate it, will never do it.

nametakenagain Sun 13-Jan-13 22:54:06

Guide and train! You will then not have to do the washing alone. I no longer cook nor food shop nor do the washing alone. No-one irons. It's taken years but works for us!

Haha a surf board, love it!

Nor do we! Although it gets embarrassing when the preschool has the home corner set up and DD says "Look Mummy! A surf board confused

grin

I dont iron either. Dont even own an iron.

wannabe you're a woman after my own heart! grin

GregBishopsBottomBitch Sun 13-Jan-13 22:33:48

I do mixed loads, but i always use a low temp, so its ok.

maybe it's my fault for him not using the washing machine, with me always doing it

I have never once separated washing.

It all gets bunged in at 40degrees, 60 if theres something particularly dirty (eg DPs oily jeans or DD2s babygrows if they have poo on.)

None of us have suffered terribly. Very much a non issue so YABU.

timidviper Sun 13-Jan-13 22:32:43

My DH does this all the time. I sort stuff and put any part loads back in the basket, he will have one item he wants to wash so will resort my items to make a complete load hmm and wonder why colours run, etc. He also has an incredible ability to create single socks.

manicbmc Sun 13-Jan-13 22:32:00

*its ffs

manicbmc Sun 13-Jan-13 22:31:28

Having said that, I always leave the washing machine set at what it's usual wash setting is (that is the one that won't destroy anything) in case dd wants to bung a load in.

I always do mixed loads so I don't see the problem there. grin But I'm torn between wanting to say at least he was trying to help, and wondering why he doesn't know how to use a washing machine.

hopefully not, still on the go.

I mean you could distinguish between the piles lol

Ginshizz Sun 13-Jan-13 22:29:59

YANBU

It's not that hard to work out how to put washing on properly or listen to you if you asked him not to do it!

manicbmc Sun 13-Jan-13 22:29:51

I must admit, that would piss me right off too.

McNewPants2013 Sun 13-Jan-13 22:29:49

Did any clothes get ruined

should add I did tell him not to and I would do it when I had finished what I was doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now