Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to find books and magazines by the toilet unnecessary and unhygienic

(176 Posts)
SunsetMojito Sun 13-Jan-13 21:50:21

I have even seen a magazine rack placed helpfully beside one!
Boak!
and how long to you actually need to spend in there that you cannot manage without reading?

SunsetMojito Sun 13-Jan-13 22:37:11

Now those of us with over active brains are having thoughts we'd rather not have about the apple!

SAHMlikeitHOT Sun 13-Jan-13 22:37:17

Well, a senior executive I worked with used to take papers into the loo, mark them up and then bring them out for his secretary'to action' - disgusting!

Bogeyface Sun 13-Jan-13 22:37:49

GReen What the FUCK was she doing with the apple?! grin

Bogeyface Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:43

I agrre black, the reading matter is the warm up act whilst waiting for the main performance, as it were!

SunsetMojito Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:48

Jeeez thats grim SAHM.
I have been in a meeting where someone would regularly inform us that they'd read the papers on the loo. Lovely.

Hassled Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:53

I don't understand the apple thing at all. She ate the apple on the loo for immediate fibre effect?

WorraLiberty Sun 13-Jan-13 22:39:08

I either need to get an android phone or a stack of magazines for my bathroom.

It doesn't take me long to crap but I still know every single ingredient on the back of a shampoo bottle sad

Greensleeves Sun 13-Jan-13 22:40:00

Yes Hassled, she was convinced it would shift the blockage immediately with its juicy crunchy fibrous goodness

PickledInAPearTree Sun 13-Jan-13 22:40:23

My nan used to make me eat a tangerine and sit on a bog full of steamed water from the kettle if I hadnt pooed once a day.

Id be in there for hours trying to strain one out so I could go out and play.

sad

elizaregina Sun 13-Jan-13 22:40:48

"MIL used to get constipated when dh was a kid, she would bellow for him to bring her an apple to help her shift it

now THAT is grim "

Gosh - what on earth could she do with an apple to help get things moving? Surely it wouldnt digest that quickly to help, but what could happen on the outside? confused

Bogeyface Sun 13-Jan-13 22:41:38

Worra, tip for you.

Put a stack of worthy literature by in a prominent place and move them about so they look read. Then keep a stash of trashy mags and books somewhere secret!

MrsWembley Sun 13-Jan-13 22:41:55

Goths I was about to quote the mythbusters thing re poo spores...sad

<wanders off to have a final wee before bed and get in another couple of pages of the book that's supposed to be finished for tomorrow night's book club>

WorraLiberty Sun 13-Jan-13 22:42:18

Maybe she wanted to make an apple dumpling?

WorraLiberty Sun 13-Jan-13 22:43:18

Bogey I might go straight for 50 shades of shit grin

Hassled Sun 13-Jan-13 22:43:42

grin

nasties in the atmosphere? ok... you do realise that toothbrushes are also kept in bathrooms right?... oh but they're ok i guess cause they actually belong in the bathroom hmm

we keep a small pile of books in the bathroom, and yes, we close the lid each time we flush too. its not like we are literally shitting on the books!

Bogeyface Sun 13-Jan-13 22:44:09

What, on the loo roll holder? Only place for it imo!

neveronamonday Sun 13-Jan-13 22:45:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Well, who'd have thought I'd find a whole group of people who also read the back of toiletry/cleaning products bottles if there is no other suitable reading material grin
Does anyone else play the alphabet game? J is a bastard letter to find on a shampoo bottle.

Greensleeves Sun 13-Jan-13 22:46:10

lmao at the apple dumpling

if I really want to horrify dh (or punish him for stinking the bathroom out) I kick the door open and holler in a nasal Donegal accent

"Greenysdh, would you bring me an aaaaaapple, I'm egg-bound again"

it really unsettles him

Bogeyface Sun 13-Jan-13 22:47:15

Whispers The alphabet game is new to me, please explain!

PickledInAPearTree Sun 13-Jan-13 22:47:21

GOOD POINT there DT. Toothbrushes must be awash with poo particles.

never The toothbrushes in the kitchen were sterilised, put into sterilised glasses and not touched for the duration of the experiment.

neveronamonday Sun 13-Jan-13 22:49:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWembley Sun 13-Jan-13 22:50:09

Oh, I do love a poo thread, but I really must go to bed now.

If I fart in bed does that mean I shouldn't have my book on the bedside table?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now