To think my boss is BU?

(30 Posts)
Tabbystriped Sat 12-Jan-13 20:33:14

She and I are not friends. We have a working office relationship, and really do not like each other. Yes, I am certain she dislikes me. This is OK because, as I said, we are able to work together.

However, she occasionally asks me to borrow shoes or bag or piece of clothing she has seen me wear. I feel too uncomfortable to say no because I cannot figure out if I should just lend her what she asks. I do love clothes and have a lot because of this. My boss always mentions when she asks that money is tight for her because she has two daughters in university. I HATE lending her my things, and I resent the fact that she makes much more money than I do but will not just go to tkmaxx and get a propor pair of shoes and bag for her occasional events. The situation is so bizarre to me. She only asks every other month or so.

She did not threaten me, but I worry a lot and might be over thinking things to feel that I can not be so quick to refuse to bring the latest request of the shoes to her next week. I can not stop myself from letting the knowledge that she is in a position of authority over me.

Am I being mean and UR to refuse to lend her my expensive shoes for the semi formal work event she is going to in two weeks?

Tortington Sat 12-Jan-13 22:22:29

i'd be a total shithouse and tell her i lent them to a friend for a wedding

next time she asks i would tell her that i lent them to a friend to go on holiday

lent them to a friend for a christening

lent them to a friend for a .....

Tortington Sat 12-Jan-13 22:23:02

if your stuck this time - tell her that you stood in a huge dog shit, left them outside and now they are wet

Tabbystriped Sun 13-Jan-13 06:36:26

You are all right, of course. I guess I will need to come up with an excuse for never lending anything again. I HAVE "forgotten" things a few times, and this clueless woman really appears to believe that I truly forgot. She has no apparent ability to pick up on social cues. I will need to be firm, and I am not good at that.

Have an hour off one morning and go into work late explaining you have been to the podiatrist for your horrid verrucas and the athletes foot problem that keeps recurring. On account if this you have been informed would be bad idea to lend your shoes to anyone. grin

AlienReflux Sun 13-Jan-13 07:03:50

Yep, woman up tabby!! You will be forever lending your stuff if you don't make a stand. She's very weird asking, especially since she doesn't like you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now