16 kids and counting...

(379 Posts)
thatisall Fri 11-Jan-13 21:47:38

I genuinely don't know what I think, have no strong opinions about their lifestyle, life choices etc etc.....my first thoughts were that it was just too many but they seem very nice and happy lol

Am I being unreasonable to want to chat about the show on here anyway?

No I'm not a jour no trying to get a MN quote before someone suggests it....

....just sat at home alone thinking 16....? 16!? :-O

OwlLady Sat 12-Jan-13 17:33:04

I think they seemed a lovely family too but I do wonder how they cope if one of them is ill or if anything happened. I only have 3 but my eldest is severely disabled and I hurt my back a week a ago and have been really struggling and dh is finding it difficult to cope and work just with our 3

but anyway, it's none of my business it had just crossed my mind that it's a lot of children for one person to just cope with

expatinscotland Sat 12-Jan-13 17:33:26

'Well blame the TV producers the expat they make it and decide what to show.'

And the family decided to participate in it. I find it irresponsible to have that many kids and irresponsible to glorify it by giving it airtime in media, so I didn't watch it, or shows like the Duggars or those other people who had all those multiples (there are several of those out there), or others like Teen Mom or 16 and Pregnant.

Viviennemary Sat 12-Jan-13 17:34:57

No matter how lovely they are they are a drain on NHS and education services. Does this selfish and irresponsible woman stop to think for a moment that life is about more than just what she wants. I expect not. This has infuriated me! Glad I didn't watch it.

OwlLady Sat 12-Jan-13 17:35:49

oh god I watched teen mom today as well for the first time ever and there were lots of teen moms screaming at their own moms and acting like, erm teenagers. I have never watched it before. can you tell i am incapacitated? blush and I was a young mum fwiw though not a teen mum and my mum, well I never saw her because she was 43 and working full time so the only person i could scream at was myself grin

5madthings Sat 12-Jan-13 17:45:22

Yes they did decide to participate in it, they are not forcing anyone to watch it or to have the same lifestyle.

You may think its irresponsible on a global level but many European countries need birth rates to rise and help support an ageing population.

I assume they get some money from the prig? And from the publicity? They have a blog/website and if utv supplements their income why not. So many people do far worse things and they do genuinely work hard running their own bakery, the kids are loved and well looked after.

And as for blaming it all on the mother, it does take two to make a baby.

Ta very muchly verytelly and piglet.

Locket- overreaction? Says the poster who reported it a comment to MNHQ hmm

manormuppet Sat 12-Jan-13 17:53:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

twinklestar2 Sat 12-Jan-13 17:54:01

When the VoiceOver said the labour was 20 mins, my OH said I'm not surprised!

I wonder when she found the time and energy to have sex!

Catchingmockingbirds Sat 12-Jan-13 17:57:31

fellowship, what you said was uncalled for and anyone could have reported that comment confused.

She accused me of overreacting. I'm merely pointing out she got my message deleted. Have seen lots of instances of posters telling other posters to fuck off and have not seen them deleted.

I'd tell you to do the same but then you'd probably do the same <yawn>

5madthings Sat 12-Jan-13 17:59:37

The lab our for baby 15 was quite long, she has had some short lab ours and some quick. It doesn't necessarily get easier.

My first was 3days, second 7 he's, third 3 he's, fourth under 1 hour and then no five took 3 hours and was actually my hardest labour yet my smallest baby.

She does seem to do pregnancy very well, I have had easy pregnancies but I couldnt imagine doing it another 11times!

I doubt it catching She thought she was being clever.

She wasn't.

Apparently its a crime to use sarcasm all of a sudden on MN.

Wonders where SP is when you need her

lockets Sat 12-Jan-13 18:02:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

manormuppet Sat 12-Jan-13 18:03:34

Fellowship you really seem to be spoiling for a fight, do calm down dear.

More like certain people are trying to goad me into one <yawn>

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 12-Jan-13 18:07:49

I agree with expat, whether or not they are a lovely family, it is still very irresponsible to have that many. I think the mum is just addicted to newborns and babies, and when they grow up, she needs another.

LineRunner Sat 12-Jan-13 18:08:20

Tbh, there's the 'fuck off' you say to another poster in clear and obvious jest and where the context is somehow witty; and there's the 'fuck off' that comes across as a bit pissy.

lockets Sat 12-Jan-13 18:10:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oodhousekeeping Sat 12-Jan-13 18:12:22

I agree with expat on the 'glorifying' point. I usually avoid the reality type shows fit that reason. One that really winds me up with its trailer is 'Tool academy'

You clearly are lockets. Clearly. How many other "obvious" comments/jokes have others made on the thread? So why single my comment out?

Whatever.

And for the record Linerunner, I was being sarcastic not pissy. As a blogger I am used to people being all high and mighty for no reason against one person and not many others.

Just expected better here.

Sadly, I was misinformed about the nature of MN.

manormuppet Sat 12-Jan-13 18:16:02

<yawn>

Finney2 Sat 12-Jan-13 18:16:50

I am one of eight children. I don't really have anything negative to say about my childhood other than we didn't have all that much money. It was, and still is, amazing to have so much love and support around.

I didn't really get any one-on-one time with my parents but I don't think that is of all that much importance really. FWIW we are all (including my autistic brother) very happy, have good mental health, and have done very well academically. We all have degrees, good jobs and very healthy relationships with our husbands.

None of us live off benefits or are a drain on the economy. I think being part of a big family inspired us to be competitive, independent, scrupulously even-handed and motivated to help others.

I wouldn't change my childhood for all the tea in China.

juule Sat 12-Jan-13 18:17:59

"possibly as it was the sort of comment people do make about larger families. "

Very true, Lockets. And it can come across as sneery.
I can't see what Lockets said that upset Fellowship so badly.

MorrisZapp Sat 12-Jan-13 18:17:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

hifi Sat 12-Jan-13 18:21:01

i wondered how they afforded them all,the business looked like a little sandwich shop. must have a huge turnover .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now