to wonder why some women don't wear make-up

(609 Posts)
MeganCherry Fri 11-Jan-13 16:00:33

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but -

I don't mean trowel it on every morning, 3 lots of foundations, eyeshadow, eyeliner etc.

I have quite good skin, so on a usual day I'll wear - mascara and a lipstick/glass. On a bad day I'll probably wear concealer too.

I think make up is about enhancing your features and making the best of them. Me after a sleepless night I look like a zombie, add some concealer and I look like a human being again.

I like to wear make up for me and not to impress my husband or friends or strangers. I just know that I look better when I'm wearing it.

PiccadillyCervix Mon 14-Jan-13 14:59:34

Well exactly Polka. Also it's easy if you have been with your partner a while to know what their "type" is. Dh definitely does prefer busty girl next door types. And I have noticed the women he thinks he is is subtling checking out under his glasses. And I have seen pics of his girlfriends and none of them were really made up.

mumnosbest Mon 14-Jan-13 15:01:59

i have better things to do in my very busy mornings. It ages your skin. I look ok without it and feel more glamourous when i go out and do wear make-up.

WhatEverItIsIDidntDoIt Mon 14-Jan-13 16:44:18

Because I'm a natural beauty and do not need to enhance my good looks.

<smug emoticon>

Anniegetyourgun Mon 14-Jan-13 17:37:12

Over 600 posts during 3 days of heavy debate, and the OP has tripped wandered off, still not telling us whether he/she is now any the wiser. Ah well, who cares anyway.

havingastress Mon 14-Jan-13 17:41:54

Because I love looking incredible when I do wear make up and go out! I'm pretty enough without, but with, I am stunning. grin

Actually feel sorry for people who feel that they have to wear make up every day just to leave the house. I think it's great that I look different when I go out. Would hate to look that like all the bloody time.

That, and I don't have the spare cash to spend waste on make on.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 14-Jan-13 18:02:29

and the whole point of this thread op was........ what exactly? confused

PretzelTime Mon 14-Jan-13 18:30:09

Starting a heated discussion.

Sallyingforth Mon 14-Jan-13 22:21:37

I don't care a toss about the OP. It's been a fascinating exchange of views, regardless of the OP's motives for starting it.

But I look forward to reading the published article, if someone can post a link!

Well said Sallyingforth - I feel just the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now