... to expect my 9yo twins (boys) not to stick their fingers up each other bums?

(67 Posts)
uptight Fri 11-Jan-13 14:49:36

I mean, really. What's that all about? Is a recent trend and makes me lose it completely. Through clothes I hasten to add and seems an extension of the wedgie, another popular wind up which succeeds in winding me up much more than each other. I've had the serious chats, begged, whined, screamed, pleaded, cajoled all to no avail. Should I just get over myself and ignore or frogmarch them down to the nearest police station?

Wait til they start Teabagging each othrr!

quoteunquote Mon 14-Jan-13 12:39:22
Samnella Mon 14-Jan-13 12:45:27

the oldest twin bent over in front of her, trousers round his ankles, pulling his bum cheeks apart. Full moon. Mortified does not cover it.

grin grin

My 2 are 5 and 7 and do similar things. They are a girl and boy and the latest is to laugh at each others genitalia at every opportunity. I bath them seperatley after I found DD legs akimbo with DS staring and discussing her nether regions. Sound like they are grabbing through clothes rather than inserting anything so I would just keep telling them not to do it and maybe remove a treat or something when they do. Its a phase and it will pass.

They really need to stop doing this. I am a child protection social worker and i have carried out investigations with kids for doing less. The problem might come if they play rough and tumble with other kids and do it to them. That child tells their parents/teacher and you have police and SW at your door. Have you had the chat about parts of the body that it is not acceptable to touch on other people (usually the area covered by underwear)?

Hats off for doing such a dificult job but I do think you are taking things a little far with that statement.

thismumismad Mon 14-Jan-13 13:05:31

Yup my 2ins have done this and I agree boys are vile little beings. Thankfully they no longer do the bum poking thing. I have also encountered the thing when they are so caught up in their fighting, that they notice NOTHING around them. I have read about this particular trait in twins. My boys are now twelve and they had a fight in school a little while ago and the school almost called the police because they were ignoring the teachers. They got a sever telling off from me and the school about this unacceptable behaviour, and so far it has not happened again at school at least.

AmberSocks Mon 14-Jan-13 13:25:39

i would ignore it,they are probably doing it more because they know it winds you up.they will grow out of it.(i have boys a yr apart and while they dont do this they do flick each others willys as a game-when theyve got out the bath or something)boys are stupid esp as twins or close together.

flurp Mon 14-Jan-13 16:37:58

I have just remembered my two doing willy windmills whenever they got out of the bath!!
Gotta love little boys!!

aquashiv Mon 14-Jan-13 21:11:52

Ha mine have just learnt the willy dance flurp . Where have you seen this I asked one and he said in my head. They have a captive audience/partner in crime always there to help them push boundaries.
The joys of twins indeed.smile.

thereistheball Mon 14-Jan-13 21:15:27

Oh dear. I read this as 9 month old twin boys. Mine are 2 months old and I have all this in the post, but - thankfully - not straight away smile

donteatthefiggypudding Mon 14-Jan-13 21:26:24

my 6yold videoed himself dancing at the weekend, while i was in the other room. when I watched it later, halfway through his dance, he turns around, drops his trousers and pants, and shows the camera his bottom - pulling his cheeks apart. Then he casually redresses, and continues dancing.
Am thinking of saving the recording for his wedding day...
grin

catgirl1976 Mon 14-Jan-13 21:36:59

Oh thank god the thread turned sane after a few posts

I was getting worried smile

BumBiscuits Mon 14-Jan-13 21:39:21

I remember being in primary 6 and the unbelievably strict teacher leaving the classroom. The boys dropped their pants and had a contest to see who could press their willy against the hot radiator the longest. I'm surprised they didn't end up in hospital either from burns to theirs bits or injuries following the punishment they would have definitely got if the evil violent bitch teacher had caught them.

catgirl1976 Mon 14-Jan-13 21:45:42

I remember DBro going for a wee with my Dad (apparantly the were both weeing into the same loo at the same time - I suppose it saves time and water hmm ) and shouting "Sword fight daddy!" and then attempting to "sword fight" him with his penis. Whilst weeing. Covering my poor dad in wee sad

We still take the mick out of him for that one

littlewhitebag Mon 14-Jan-13 21:54:31

I did explain in a later post that i missed the bit about it being over clothes and i thought they were literally sticking their fingers up each others bums. If you scroll down a bit you will see i apologised for my error. I think i am a bit hyper alert to these sort of things!

NinthWavingAtTheSnowman Mon 14-Jan-13 21:55:19

My 5yo came up with something called 'willy zombie' which seems to consist of walking towards his dad/brother with arms outstretched, moaning "willy. WILLLYYYYYY."

Makes a change from "brains", I suppose hmm

bubby64 Mon 14-Jan-13 21:58:17

Mum of 12yr old twin boys here. It is a phase, like giving each other extreme wedgies and kicking each other in the unmentionables (hard enough to hurt but not permenently injure!)
It will pass eventually, but if my two are anything to go by, it will be replaced by more violent fighting/door slamming and, unfortunately swearing (all since they started High School!)
If you want to talk to other mums of twins both of similar age plus younger and older, join us on here between us, we have seen/heard of most twin and multiples behaviour!

missingmumxox Mon 14-Jan-13 21:59:46

seems fairly normal if gross behaviour for twins, mine are just 8 and seem to be growing out of it mainly, the baring back-side that is, the finger poking they haven't done for a few months, they had worms twice and suffered and I told them it was bottom touching that caused it, handily the truth, so they don't do that anymore.
when they where first toilet trained for a few years whenever they went to the loo the other would tear in and they would engage in a game of "splashing swords" which involved trying to deflect each other stream of wee, and whilst this aided greatly to the toilet training!!! it also resulted in a foul bathroom they got banished to the wet room so I could shower the whole place down!

catgirl1976 Mon 14-Jan-13 22:02:46

I did see that......sanity restored and I understand the mis-understanding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now