Hey Fatty Bum Bum :(

(80 Posts)
ElectricSoftParade Fri 11-Jan-13 10:38:06

Two Greek Gods chaps working on a house I pass on the school run sang this out to me this morning.

AIBU to hope their willies drop off during this cold spell?

At least my fat arse will help keep me warm <clutches at straws>.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Sun 13-Jan-13 17:26:52

Scented LMAO, that is classy!!!

I had a group of youngish lads woof at me in a pub a little while ago hmm
The same night an older 'gentleman' at the bar asked why so many girls don't seem to be embarrassed of being so fat. hmm again.
Luckily, that night I had a healthy dose of 'Fuck you, I'm fabulous' going on, so just pointed out that I might not have noticed he was an arsehole if he hadn't opened his mouth, and he only had only been about 12 shots away from getting lucky grin

andtheycalleditbunnylove Sun 13-Jan-13 17:13:25

i'm sure there used to be a song with the line 'don't want no short dick man!' you might want to search that one out...

NamingOfParts Sun 13-Jan-13 16:00:40

I have done the photographing thing on a large lorry which was routinely badly parked while making deliveries to a corner shop.

Funny thing was that ever after it was perfectly parked!

shotofexpresso Sun 13-Jan-13 15:48:11

Oh god that is nasty, tell them to fuck off,

tbh I've noticed its never the Channing Tatum's of this world who shout this stuff to women, they are often ugly, overweight middle aged men themselves!.

WarmFuzzyFun Sun 13-Jan-13 15:33:01

your

WarmFuzzyFun Sun 13-Jan-13 15:32:39

sad Bastards.

Don't let you self worth be determined by strangers.

Flossyfloof Sun 13-Jan-13 15:27:26

Many many years ago I was successful in an interview for my first teaching job, I was over the moon. I nipped into town walking on air. A few lads started saying things about what I was wearing (I thought I looked lovely). I turned round and said "Why don't you just fuck off?". Not another word was said - but they had no right to say those things and to burst my bubble. I shocked myself to be honest. I would certainly be contacting the company and if anyone working at my house were doing that I would want to know as well. OH is doing some building work at the moment and anyone, however good a worker they were, who behaved like that would be off the site immediately.

FreePeaceSweet Sun 13-Jan-13 15:03:46

Darkesteyes thanks for that link. smile

DoItToJulia Fri 11-Jan-13 18:26:33

Brilliantly worded letter by Racel on hollaback. Worth bookmarking for any future use that mumsnetts may need!

Darkesteyes Fri 11-Jan-13 17:41:12

Wonder what Argos are doing about this.

ldn.ihollaback.org/

Darkesteyes Fri 11-Jan-13 17:35:21

Amother vote for hollaback here. Also this week @EverydaySexism have asked for people to Tweet their experiences of this sort of thing. The hashtag is #ShoutingBack.

ElectricSoftParade Fri 11-Jan-13 17:12:59

Thanks for all the replies smile.

Didn't see my lovely two chaps on the way to the hairdressers but on the way back I did. Whipped out my phone and have taken some photos and intend to inform the company they work for.

There were no further comments. I think they were stunned by my fabulous new hair grin.

CastingNasturtiums Fri 11-Jan-13 15:36:19

Haha, that's what I thought you meant Knit! Hero male: a male who loves a woman's curves and is very nice about them!

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 11-Jan-13 15:32:39

Hero male??? Hetro male, even!
Although in the context it does have a nice chivalrous overtone ;-p

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 11-Jan-13 15:27:29

There are two issues here - one is that these wankers think they have the right to make any comment, positive or negative, on a person's appearance in such an overbearing, intimidating way. Report them to their boss and on hollaback, as a PP mentioned.

Issue two is that it's really hurtful and belittling to be commented on like that and it can really make you feel bad about your body. I can guarantee you that a sizeable proportion of the hero male and gay girl population would have very positive things to say about your fat ass ;-p
Next time you walk past them, do it with swagger, confidence and an expression of mild, pitying disdain should they so much as glance on your direction.
Then ring up their boss and report them.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 11-Jan-13 15:09:51

Or "Editors for Attitude magazine (for gay men) called, they liked your pictures, would you like to model for them"

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 11-Jan-13 15:05:27

My crass personal fave, "If i wanted to see a twat and i'd put a mirror to my own"

EIizaDay Fri 11-Jan-13 14:40:26

Sounds like you have a good sense of humour OP - and perhaps the "boys" did too. Sometimes we all take life too seriously - that song brings back lots of happy memories www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSWoIKUt98

CastingNasturtiums Fri 11-Jan-13 14:37:44

Free you just made me snort grin

FreePeaceSweet Fri 11-Jan-13 14:35:50

Or "If I wanted an arseholes opinion I'd have farted"?

MikeOxardInTheSnow Fri 11-Jan-13 14:33:20

How about "Thanks you two, but if I wanted to see a pair of tits I'd just look at my own".

FreePeaceSweet Fri 11-Jan-13 14:32:29

I thought that too casting. I'm sure it was just a joke. Sometimes however when you're being abused by builders it does seem to be done thing by them. I'm certain that face to face they'd keep schtum.

CastingNasturtiums Fri 11-Jan-13 14:28:27

Blimey, I would have thought Taggie was being tongue-in-cheek and attempting to cheer up the OP by being amusingly extreme.

notnowbernard Fri 11-Jan-13 14:04:25

Sorry you had to experience that, OP

Taggie what a nobbish thing to say

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now