to ask thisisanicecage to repeat her experiment on internet insecurity

(160 Posts)
Consils Thu 10-Jan-13 18:16:29

she looked up the mumsnet history of a random poster and was able to find out names and addresses. I missed the end of the last thread and I am still curious.

nickelbabe Sun 13-Jan-13 21:54:07

Doctrine shock
How on earth did you guess that?!

wink
grin

nickelbabe Sun 13-Jan-13 21:55:33

Where did my wink and grin go?

ceeveebee Sun 13-Jan-13 22:04:32

Talkin you can use the company's registered office as the service address if you are a director - that's what I do and all the other directors at our company.

TalkinPeace2 Sun 13-Jan-13 22:07:39

ceeveebee
Registered address, trading address, accountants address are all here.
Not willing to get a PO box number because of the nature of our respective client bases.
If you work out my name, feel free to email me. grin

libelulle Sun 13-Jan-13 22:09:40

I'm intrigued too. I'm clear that I'm super identifiable from my posting history to someone who knows me. But could you really also link that up to my real life name, without knowing me? If you can, I'm impressed and terrified. I'm game for giving it a go. I think confused.

ceeveebee Sun 13-Jan-13 22:11:56

Ah you mean you run a company from home. Guess you don't have much option then. My company is a plc so probably a bit more important to keep our home addresses private

AppearingDignified Mon 14-Jan-13 08:31:32

Is it stalking if the NN one regularly searches puts all their personal details on MN?

What is the stalking, searching balance?

cozietoesie Mon 14-Jan-13 08:35:21

In my view?

Searching is when you decide to do it. (For whatever reason.)

Stalking is when you want to do it. (For whatever reason.)

AppearingDignified Mon 14-Jan-13 08:37:15

A couple of friends in RL know my name and say they regulalry look to see what I'm writing because they're too nervous to write anything themselves. I don't mind as I know to name change if i want to write anything too personal.

AnitaManeater Mon 14-Jan-13 19:50:53

ThePIEwholovedme No my name isn't Mc.... phew! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now