Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that she's in the wrong

(38 Posts)
baileysontherocks Thu 10-Jan-13 18:15:58

So it's my bday on Saturday and I was meant to be going out with my fiancée on Saturday for a meal then into town we asked by best friend and her partner to join us and they said sorry we can't we haven't got the money why don't you cancel yours plans an we will come to yours for a drink so I cancelled everything and bought the food and drink for them to come and now they have said oh sorry he might be working on the weekend so we might not be able to make it so I said fair enough then she said we will come and now they said they have got friends coming so they cant and then 5 minutes later she said we are off out for a meal and drinks its final hmm am I wrong for thinking she could have just Said sorry we don't want to come because in my eyes they have made excuse after excuse and then her oh said its my fault am I in the wrong? I wouldn't have minded if she had just been honest in the first place so we could have still gone ahead with our plans and not spent our cash on providing food and alcohol for them hmm

Jux Fri 11-Jan-13 15:37:18

No to maid of honour. When the wedding invites go out, don't send them one. In the meantime, find another MoH and announce it happily on fb. Also, mention on fb when the invites are going out, so they know when they don't get one.

Unless, of course, they do an enormous grovel in the meantime, then invite them and seat them onmthe table by the loos.

SantasENormaSnob Fri 11-Jan-13 15:40:54

This woman is not your friend.

She is a nasty cunt who is well and truly taking the piss.

TameGaloot Fri 11-Jan-13 15:41:21

Agree just ignore them for now. No to moh and don't send them an invite

Happy birthday. All the best people are born on 12/1 wink

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 11-Jan-13 15:44:03

Tame im sure most are, but the woman who stole my fiancee was also born that day wink

Happy Birthday OP smile

TameGaloot Fri 11-Jan-13 15:51:42

She must be the exception that proves the rule
(What does that mean anyway)

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 11-Jan-13 15:54:38

Wankers, very inconsiderate and bad mannered, that's all I have to say.

Oh hang on, ask her to be your maid of honour?? you've got to be kidding, sorry love.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 11-Jan-13 15:55:34

PS happy birthday for tomorrow thanks

Yfronts Fri 11-Jan-13 16:16:41

How rude of her! I would definitely keep her at arms length and not set up any future dates. Tell her you are also making cut backs in relation to the wedding and so the maid of honor is no longer happening.

Yfronts Fri 11-Jan-13 16:17:38

Can you also text her and ask her directly why her DH is being so rude about you on FB after messing things around so much?

assumpta Fri 11-Jan-13 16:27:00

If you can, just ignore the whole thing. If you go texting re: 'why did your husband say this blah blah blah ...' you know that you won't really get a civil answer, so why annoy yourself further.

It is time to break contact by just saying nothing. She will either contact you about being MOH, when you can fill her in by saying she's not any more, she won't, in which case it, and she, goes away quietly for you without any ridiculous communication. I have no idea why people broadcast and make comments like this on Facebook.

assumpta Fri 11-Jan-13 16:27:50

'or' she won't

Yanbu. Your 'friend' on the other hand is being a complete arse.
Enjoy your meal at home with your DP and the booze too.
I'd be backing out of this friendship if it was me.
And I'd definitely not have someone who treated and allowed her OH to treat me the way they have you as a MOH.

bumperella Fri 11-Jan-13 17:34:39

Life is way too short to saddle yourself with a "friend" who treats you this badly. She has been very rude, hurtful and inconsiderate.
Just don't bother with her anymore. If she contacts you then you can explain to her that she has behaved badly toward you and you feel she either needs to (a) apologize and make amends or (b) get out of your life.
Ignore the fb crap. It's the last resort of losers, bitching about friends online when there's a decent chance they will get to read it/ hear about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now