To have come back from Lanzarote feeling geuinely shocked at how fat the British tourists were?

(655 Posts)
Illgetmycoat Thu 10-Jan-13 11:44:21

I'm not talking slightly plump, I mean seriously, morbidly obese. A whole different race to the German, French and Spanish tourists.

What is going on? When did our country become like this? Whenever you heard a british accent, it would be accompanied by a 3ft wide backside. And whole families, too, all swollen to gargantuan size, with the poor kids unable to put their feet together because of the rolls of fat on their legs.

How has this happened? What the heck are the Brits feeding their children to get them so large? How can you feed an eight year old you love so much food that they become morbidly obese?

It can't just be blamed on poverty, because it's not cheap going to Lanzarote.

I was shocked.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Sun 13-Jan-13 16:00:15

Wow you grew until you were 21?

Im short too, are you tall garlic?

If you look in the red book it shows when the average girl stops growing.

ivykaty44 Sun 13-Jan-13 16:55:07

ethel - i think you may be mixing fructose with high fructose corn syrup, which the later is a different product and is man made and was invented by the japanese.

and yes you are correct I mean alcohol not methadone - sorry about that and I think I may have thought about methalated spirits

Darkesteyes Sun 13-Jan-13 17:07:07

Add message | Report | Message poster
DarkesteyesSun 13-Jan-13 16:40:49

I used to be a size 28 in 2002 and got down to a size 14 after 18 months of hard work. After 2 years on the diet i dropped to a size 12 and 11 stone. I still had fucking idiots coming up to me telling me i should be this or should be that.
Im unfortunately a size 20 at the moment but have been eating healthily since having the winter bug at New Year.
But a few years back when i had idiots telling me what i should or shouldnt weigh after all that hard work i put in i was fucking furious

Haha illget, I'll be representing the country! I'm feeling the pressure hehe

ExtraordinaryOnion Tue 12-Feb-13 22:27:47

'Fat' is the new normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now