NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO! People should be banned from eating crunchy food in the office!

(53 Posts)
CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:40:03

AIBU?

zlist Thu 10-Jan-13 11:51:27

YANBU! Drives me nutty!
Thankfully, the crisp cruncher and the load keyboard tapper have now moved on from our small office.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:52:07

Sparklingbrook no, no Graze box. She is simply so healthy that she brings in her own cutted up stuff.

When I worked in one office they employed people to come in and clean the screens and keyboards. they turned the keyboards upside down and dusted them with a brush. The food bits and crap that came out of some peoples was unbelievable.

ifancyashandy Thu 10-Jan-13 11:53:47

Someone shouldn't eat nuts because they might annoy someone?!

Grips needed.

Seeline Thu 10-Jan-13 11:54:56

I have to do that to my one at home Sparkling after the kids have been on holiday grin They are not even allowed to have ffod near the computer so where it all comes from is a mystery.

HecatePropolos Thu 10-Jan-13 11:55:09

I think they think they don't make any noise.

That's all I can assume.

for anyone reading this who thinks they are a silent eater....

NO. YOU'RE NOT. NOBODY IS.

grin

ifancyashandy Thu 10-Jan-13 11:56:50

I eat nuts at my desk. Couldn't give a flying monkeys fig stuff! Nuts a NOT. offensive.

Smelly fish, I grant you. But nuts or carrots? Good flippin' grief....

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:57:14

Correct Hecate!

We used to have morning and afternoon breaks and a lunch half hour so no need to eat at desk IMO.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:58:09

ifancyashandy I don't think you quite appreciate how horrifying the sound of food crunching is to some people.

Viviennemary Thu 10-Jan-13 11:59:18

I worked with somebody who microwaved soup every day and it splattered all over the microwave. Did she ever clean it. No. And said everyone was far too fussy.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:59:28

Sparklingbrook we have lunch hours, but no structured breaks. It's fine when everyone's eating together.

Though if I've finished eating and have to sit at the table listening to others finish I have to fight the urge to kick them in the face.

ifancyashandy Thu 10-Jan-13 12:00:35

Lots of things are offensive to lots of people. I can't stand strong perfume. Or people eating with their mouths open. Or when people talk and get that 'spittle' between their lips. Or coffee breath.

Wouldn't dream on commenting on any of the above. We just have to deal with life's annoyances, no?

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 12:00:55

OOH lunchtime! Thank you all for diffusing my anger. Apart from proudnscary and ifancyashandy angry

Everything I like is crunchy

WW hula hoops.....crunch
Wasabi Peas - massive crunch
Apple - crunch

I do try and eat my lunch though when the others go out so I can crunch and know I am not annoying anyone apart from the office dog smile

ifancyashandy Thu 10-Jan-13 12:03:20

Mmmm... Wasabi peas! I eat tonnes of them!

HecatePropolos Thu 10-Jan-13 12:03:32

crunch crunch gulp slurp squelch chomp slurp chomp growl (yes, growl) gulp chomp audible saliva sounds chomp squelch gulp

I think everyone should eat in soundproof booths grin

Wasabi peas are bloody handsome. I always have a handful in my salad....yummy!! Good for the bowels too smile

Keeping their mouths closed whilst crunching is a bonus.

Your workplaces should provide you with some sort of a staff room, with space to do a bit of lunch preparation (microwaving something and dishing it up, or making a sandwich or some toast), and somewhere to wash up, and comfy chairs where you can sit and have your lunch or snack - so that the office isn't full of people's food smells or eating noises, and so that people can actually get away from their desks and relax whilst they have their lunch or break.

Seeline I used to make sandwiches at my desk (with bread rolls rather than having to slice bread). I can't stand sandwiches that have been festering in clingfilm in the fridge, especially if there's tomatoes making the bread all soggy envy <-- bleurgh

My colleagues used to laugh at my "picnics" but I cared not - I had lovely fresh non-soggy sandwiches grin

Seeline Thu 10-Jan-13 12:41:31

I can see the attration Nella but feel that tehy perhaps should be made in the office 'kitchenette' rather than over your work grin
(we had posh offices with 'kitchenettes' - when we first moved in we weren't even allowed to make a coffee and carry it back to our desk but had to drink it there in case we spilt on the new carpets - that didn't last long!!)

littleladyindoors Thu 10-Jan-13 12:48:25

This thread makes me glad I work on my own!! My husband literally sounds like he is eating gravel!! People do think that no one can hear them though, and when you get at your own desk its like no one else exists outside their bubble!
<goes to find the crunchiest thing I have in my bag>

When I worked on the counter at the bank there was no eating or drinking obviously. There must be loads of jobs where munching and crunching aren't an option. We survived. shock

BelieveInPink Thu 10-Jan-13 13:05:47

Right, well you can all just stop whining because until you have sat opposite my boss whilst he yops on his crisps and slops his sandwiches around his mouth, WITH HIS FALSE TEETH, you don't know what Hell sounds like.

Yopping should be a sackable offence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now