NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO! People should be banned from eating crunchy food in the office!

(53 Posts)
CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:40:03

AIBU?

Proudnscary Thu 10-Jan-13 11:40:33

<crunch>

Proudnscary Thu 10-Jan-13 11:40:41

<burp>

Proudnscary Thu 10-Jan-13 11:40:47

<slurp>

YANBU. They are the same folk that microwave fishy things that whiff the whole office out. What are they eating?

Anniegetyourgun Thu 10-Jan-13 11:41:04

Mmm, crisps.

<shuffles up to op>

<Eats crunchy apple>

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:44:10

Something annoyingly fucking healthy, like nuts or some shit like that.

myfirstkitchen Thu 10-Jan-13 11:44:59

Microwaving fishy things...
That is the worst!
Crunchy is annoying but smelly worse.
I once worked with a girl who often heated up egg curry in the microwave in the staff room that had no windows.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:45:42

Crisps are not so bad Annie. It's apples and nuts and RAW VEGETABLES that piss me off.

Hang on, didn't you make that exact same comment on a different thread? grin

Seeline Thu 10-Jan-13 11:46:24

When I was at work I used to have a colleague who used to actually make his sandwiches at his desk (opposite mine!). He'd go out to the supermarket and buy a proper loaf, ham, tomatoes etc. He kept butter and leftovers in the office fridge. He'd sit at his desk, get out a bread knife and slice up the loaf, spread the butter, slice up the tomato with a different knife and put it all together [ shock]
His computer keyboard was always full of breadcrumbs grin

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:46:31

I would prefer it if they were gutting dead fish at their desk rather than crunching!

HecatePropolos Thu 10-Jan-13 11:46:42

Oh, I hate having to listen to other people's eating noises. Revolting.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:47:47

Seeline that's odd.

Grapesoda Thu 10-Jan-13 11:47:47

Ha ha. Annoying, but I agree that the fishy thing is the greater crime. A list needs to be made and discussions had in house of commons. Actually I feel a bit sick now just thinking about the fish thing.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:48:13

Hmm, I guess I just really like fish and really hate crunching.

Seeline Thu 10-Jan-13 11:49:04

Definitely odd - he was a nice guy though smile
To solve your problem you just need to crunch on something louder to block out the noise grin

Proudnscary Thu 10-Jan-13 11:49:24

Actually although I am prone to eating an apple or two at my desk, a colleague drives me demented by snacking on very crunchy nutty/health snacks and sounds like a cat eating dry food.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:49:25

Seriously though, why do people do it? Do they not wonder whether they might annoy someone else? I never eat on trains etc because I think there might be someone like me sitting nearby, who will be thinking murderous thoughts towards me.

Ooh have they got one of those crappy Graze boxes?

My colleague used to slurp lots of cans of pop. Found out after a few months it was't just pop in the can. shock

Trills Thu 10-Jan-13 11:50:13

Your office needs a higher level of background noise

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:50:14

That's actually not a bad idea at all Seeline. I should get a stock of crunchy snacks in and secretly coordinate our eating.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:50:39

Trills my office is dead silent unfortunately.

CastingNasturtiums Thu 10-Jan-13 11:50:51

Apart from the crunching, obv.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 10-Jan-13 11:51:24

Yes I did. I make no apology for that. The only difference is that I am not, at this very moment, eating any. Though now you come to mention it... <shuffles off to rummage in cupboard>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now