To think these are unnecessary ablutions in the middle of the night?

(83 Posts)
InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:38:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sparkle12mar08 Thu 10-Jan-13 10:41:44

I'd be utterly livid if my dh did that to me! It's totally inconsiderate.

On a side note, why don't you have a sink where the toilet in your room is, why does he have to go next door and turn a second light on?

marchwillsoonbehere Thu 10-Jan-13 10:44:06

You don't flush????? eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

But if he is just getting up to wash hishands after a nose blow could he not use hand gel instead and out the snotty tissue in a nappy bag for disposal in the morning?

InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:44:42

InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:45:35

cloudpuff Thu 10-Jan-13 10:45:54

Well I wee in the dark and don't wash my hands if its the middle of the night, but then I could just be a rotter.

Could you not get some of that antibacterial gel stuff for him to use instead of washing hands.

InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:46:14

Astelia Thu 10-Jan-13 10:46:30

YABU nobody should go to the loo and not wash their hands. Yuk. I wouldn't let DH back into bed if he hadn't washed his hands, not that he would do this.

After blowing your nose and flushing the toilet you should wash hands too, though if it is a blow of nose and didn't get out of bed there's no need.

If the light switch annoys you get some plug in night lights.

marchwillsoonbehere Thu 10-Jan-13 10:47:12

If it's yellow I let it mellow, and if it's brown I flush it down. grin

Well you have mitigating cirx if there are sleeping babies around, but even so, eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:47:44

cloudpuff Thu 10-Jan-13 10:47:59

I dont usually flush either unless Im on my period, the whole house rattles when you flush out toilet chain.

Beehatch Thu 10-Jan-13 10:48:10

I don't flush in the night, but do wash my hands in the dark. Sink is right next the loo though.

SuffolkNWhat Thu 10-Jan-13 10:49:34

Have been known to follow the yellow mellow/brown down rule mainly when DD was tiny and didn't sleep very much in the night so all sleep was sacred.

MrsKeithRichards Thu 10-Jan-13 10:49:34

He's being totally unreasonable there's no need for all that during the night totally excessive. I too don't flush or wash for a during the night wee.

And as for eeewww? Seriously? Are you 9?

marchwillsoonbehere Thu 10-Jan-13 10:50:41

And as for eeewww? Seriously? Are you 9

No I'm 58, what's your point?

MrsKeithRichards Thu 10-Jan-13 10:51:20

Who gets up for a poo? I've never awoke during the night needing a poo!

Trills Thu 10-Jan-13 10:51:25

This is why you need a sink in your toilet.

MrsKeithRichards Thu 10-Jan-13 10:51:48

You sound about 9.

Flobbadobs Thu 10-Jan-13 10:52:32

Get him some antibacterial hand wipes to use at night and a spanner to fix the squeaky tap! I presume he knows where the loo actually is so why does he need the light on?
YANBU. DH used to do this until he woke up a sleeping toddler. I made him stay up to get her back to bed and got him some wipes the next day! We don't flush at night unless its a biggie because its sods law someone will wake up

dequoisagitil Thu 10-Jan-13 10:52:59

You ought to wash your hands. Ugh.

Why not get DH:
- a wastebasket by the bed,
- plus one of those antibacterial hand-soaps that dry quickly on the bedside table,
then he can blow his nose, dump the tissue in the bin and clean his hands without ever having to leave the bed. grin

scarletforya Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:11

Flush you scruffy article!

ChrimboFascist Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:30

He flushes the toilet just for a bit of snotty tissue? What a waste of water. Tell him to put it in the bin.

InNeatCognac Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:35

Sugarice Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:58

I Follow your example OP, as quick and as quiet as I can be in the middle of the night and normal rules don't apply imo. wink

narmada Thu 10-Jan-13 10:54:16

What mrskeithrichards said grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now