to hunt down the person who give my son a ....

(53 Posts)
Eve Thu 10-Jan-13 09:23:10

LYNX gift set for Christmas and inflict pain on them !!!

that stuff is vile.. and in the hands of a 12 year old boy and his 10 year old brother it's lethal!

It stinks and I've had to open all the windows upstairs to get rid of the fog and smell!

ChuffMuffin Thu 10-Jan-13 13:01:45

"The chocolate one smells like Satans bottom" grin

Binfullofresolutionsfor10thjan Thu 10-Jan-13 12:57:00

I have to say, "White Musk" was the in perfume during my sixth form years and it totally makes me gag when I smell it now.

I felt very grown up as I bought a bottle of LouLou with my Saturday job money. I smelt it a few years later and nearly choked. So. Sweet.

I am a bit frightened by 4 yr old Disney aftershave, and also all the junior fragrance I see in Zara. Why do kids need to smell of perfume?

QuietTiger Thu 10-Jan-13 12:51:38

It's called "The Lynx effect" for a reason, and it's not a positive one!

grumpyinthemorning Thu 10-Jan-13 12:46:25

Divine, not diving

grumpyinthemorning Thu 10-Jan-13 12:46:06

DP uses lynx occasionally (but being 30 he's outgrown the suffocation stage). Usually he just pinches my dove stuff because it's anti-perspirant angry then uses an absolutely diving Boss aftershave smile

Lynx vs B.O. - just makes me glad I don't live with my teenage brother anymore grin

Lynx and teenage boys go together like, well, a horse and carriage. Only more so. I blame the 'use this and girls will throw themselves at you' adverts, but the damage has been done throughout the land.

Get used to it or emigrate to Mars grin

Guiltypleasures001 Thu 10-Jan-13 12:44:08

As I typed earlier my son bathes in the bloody stuff, then complains when I wear my non alchohol boots body spray or my body shop white musk. My sinus' have given up the ghost now, and the argument.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jan-13 12:42:51

My two least favourite perfumes

Paris by YSL
Georgio Beverly Hills

MrsMelons Thu 10-Jan-13 12:41:00

Does anyone remember that awful perfume 'Tribe' that Take That promoted. We were obsessed with it as young teenagers and it was truly disgusting. My parents must have hated it!

DoodlesNoodles Thu 10-Jan-13 11:35:57

Lynx Vs B.O. hmm close call

fluffyraggies Thu 10-Jan-13 11:30:37

pjmamma - Dior's Poison! You've jogged a memory there. I worked at a perfume counter years ago, when that fragrance was launched, and many people would come in and ask for 'that poisson' (ie: pronouncing it as the French for fish )

Always made me grin as i hate the smell of it too.

Sorry, off thread.

MaxPepsi Thu 10-Jan-13 11:28:39

Yes Sparkling he does get it on his body grin

No need to fear a choking cloud of fumes in our house.

Hahaha Sparkling. grin

By the way the Adidas one is ok and not too expensive. Especially if they go through them at the same rate as ds1 does.

FriendlyLadybird Thu 10-Jan-13 11:24:51

Ha ha ha ha ha!

My brother is a teacher; walking into any classroom just after Christmas he is almost overcome by Lynx fumes.

In his previous school, he actually organized a chat about personal grooming with some of the boys before the 'prom', emphasizing that, as in so many areas of life, less is often more.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jan-13 11:23:16

I think less is more Max and he probably gets some on his actual body.

MaxPepsi Thu 10-Jan-13 11:22:11

hahahahaha
This thread has made me chuckle.

My DH uses lynx - he's in his 40's and loves it! He got a years supply for Xmas grin

He does smell bloody divine though after using it. Maybe it's just better suited to older skin or the fact he doesn't see the need to use a whole can at once??

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jan-13 10:57:47

When DS1 used Lynx he sprayed in the bathroom and you could smell it in the living room. sad

He is now using an Autograph M&S one he had for Christmas and it's very nice.

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 10-Jan-13 10:53:36

Lynx is called AXE outside of the UK, which I think is pretty appropriate. the smell is so deadly, it sort of chops you down.

littleladyindoors Thu 10-Jan-13 10:51:18

I went to an all boys school with a mixed sixth form. We used to be able to tell what age the class were in the room before us- either smelt of BO or Lynx. We used to have to throw the windows open regardless. It was cold but we could breathe! We used to call that the Lynx effect grin

We used to have what we called the 10 minute window with my brother before he was going on a night out. It was the ten minutes you had to leave the bathroom before you could go in there. I swear he literally bathed in it. I think the deoderant is fine in small doses, but why do they have to have the shower gel, shampoo and the aftershave as well!!!!!

hiddenhome Thu 10-Jan-13 10:50:14

Ds1 just uses Boots own make 24 hour antiperspirant and before that I got him a Top Man one and that was okay. .

Mrsrudolphduvall Thu 10-Jan-13 10:49:28

Even ds 13 has stopped using it.
He was bought a Hollister spray for Christmas and I haven't had the pleasure of smelling it yet as he has gone to Australia.
Maybe that's caused the fires shock

mrsjay Thu 10-Jan-13 10:48:04

It's DD2(15) who suffocates us all, then tops it off with some vile, chemical concoction from Hollister.

dd2 is the scoosher in the house she is nearly 15 do they have a thing about thinking they smell or 'something' dd1 is 19 and she smells pleasant and we dont choke grin

my sister got dd2 some nice perfume for christmas a DKNY 1 and it is nice but not with lynx for her it is vile hmm

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 10-Jan-13 10:45:50

My girls wear Lynx. DS(8) likes to writhe around on the floor with his hands around his neck of a morning, but they haven't got the hint!

To be fair, DD1(18) uses it sparingly now. It's DD2(15) who suffocates us all, then tops it off with some vile, chemical concoction from Hollister.

Sugarice Thu 10-Jan-13 10:43:15

I've always bought Lynx because it always seem to be on special offer and I don't actually find it to be too offensive as a whiff but mine don't tend to douse themselves in it.

Out of interest, which other sprays do you recommend and think are nice smelling?

hiddenhome Thu 10-Jan-13 10:39:59

It's banned from our house too.

You should just replace it with something nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now