To not have a clue what to put in hen party goody bags????

(36 Posts)
clpsmum Wed 09-Jan-13 18:18:33

I've been asked to organise a hen weekend away which I'm happily doing. Today the subject of goody bags came up and I just sort of nodded and acted as if I had them under control. Now I'm panicking coz I haven't got the faintest idea what to put in a hen party goody bag I didn't know they existed. Please please help me!!!!

PrincessOfChina Wed 09-Jan-13 18:22:29

Erm? Nothing? Totally unnecessary IMO. I've been on about 8 zillion hen dos and have had a "goody bag" once which was more of a thank you for coming from the bride.

LavenderPots Wed 09-Jan-13 18:22:39

this?? or ann summers?? google hen party goody bags

LavenderPots Wed 09-Jan-13 18:23:28

also think its a bit of a waste of time and money - but if they are really wanted...

BertieBotts Wed 09-Jan-13 18:25:03

Novelty (flavoured, glow in the dark, etc) condoms and a cheap vibrator? Chocolate penises? Something inflatable?? confused

Is this like a rude version of a kid's party bag, because that's what I'm thinking grin

Never seen one, don't bother.

IneedAgoldenNickname Wed 09-Jan-13 18:40:53

I did them for the hen weekend I organised as the hem wanted them. I put Willy straws, Willy shaped soap, glow sticks, and hen night sashes and badges.
I think that's about it.

CheCazzo Wed 09-Jan-13 18:48:00

Is it just me that can think of little worse than a bag full of willy shaped nonsense?

CaptChaos Wed 09-Jan-13 18:49:52

Che nope, sounds pretty tawdry to me, but each to their own

IgnoringTheChildren Wed 09-Jan-13 18:55:19

Only ever had a hen goody bag on one hen do - a relaxing weekend away with no cocks (of any variety) in sight. Can't remember everything in it but there was a selection of nice pampering products, chocolates etc.

It was lovely to get (although completely unnecessary!) I would have been much less impressed with a bag of willys, but then I'm too old and sensible for that kind of nonsense. grin

NoLongerALurker Wed 09-Jan-13 18:55:28

I went to a hen weekend last year that had a recovery kit goody bag - paracetamol, eye mask, chocolate etc. Was fab

I did this and put in some party poppers that I bought from ebay and asked the lady to put a naughty picture on them it was a bit more than naughty though, I bought some bright shot glasses and flashing wine glasses, willy balloons and straws and chocs and bought some hen night scratch cards with dares on them, glow sticks and bought the bride a t-shirt and fabric pen and got everyone to sign it on the night while she wore it. I also got a little cuddly monkey and put them in the bags because I booked a gorillagram for her.

SaidFlorence Wed 09-Jan-13 18:59:51

I did my sister's bags.
We had a can of premixed cocktail - mohito, cosmo or similar, lipbalm, hen party sashes, sample sized moisturiser and facepacks, polomints and shot glasses.

CloudsAndTrees Wed 09-Jan-13 19:00:52

Go onto the confetti website and choose some cheap tacky willy stuff from there.

andadietcoke Wed 09-Jan-13 19:01:57

I did hen party goody bags when I was a bridesmaid. Collected samples and minis from dept store beauty counters for ages, and also did a survival pack too (plasters, paracetamol, alka seltzer, those gel pads for inside heels)

Virgil Wed 09-Jan-13 19:02:13

A hen party goody bag! What is the world coming to

BertieBotts Wed 09-Jan-13 19:04:34

Now that sounds like a good idea, Lurker!

MrsKeithRichards Wed 09-Jan-13 19:06:52

I've been to loads and organised a few and never heard of these.

nkf Wed 09-Jan-13 19:09:12

Nothing. Unless the guests need more crap. And even then I'd say nothing.

aquashiv Wed 09-Jan-13 19:11:45

andadietcoke how thoughtful you collected all those minis and samples from dept stores.
Nope never had them either

nkf Wed 09-Jan-13 19:12:05

Great joke in Black Books about "hen" being the "prefix of doom." And here's the proof. Bags of junk.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLY-STRAWS-HEN-NIGHT-PARTY-DICKY-STRAW-ADULT-FUN-FAST-/380386503763?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item5890cd6c53

These were surprisingly popular after a few drinks on the lasy hen party I went to. Depends on who's going though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Red-Bubbles-Wands-Perfect-for-Weddings-Partys-Hen-Nights-/150973414263?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item2326b77b77

Bubbles too?

In fact just search "hen night" in Ebay to find a whole range of tasteless paraphernalia grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now