To feel its a cheek to text for my nanny's number knowing she will be asking her to pick up her kid

(105 Posts)
sorryimlateagain Wed 09-Jan-13 18:09:43

I got a text today from another mum at the school just before pick-up time just saying 'can you send me 'your nanny's' number'. Last year she constantly called my nanny to collect and look her child from school on a particularly day of the week because she was on a course. Surely she should arrange and pay for her own Childcare rather than use someone else's. She didn't bother asking me if was ok. My nanny also felt 'abused'. Not sure how to handle it either. Wouldn't mind so much if she asked and it was an occasional thing but... She's obviously lost the number. So far not answered cos I was in a meeting. AIBU?

DontmindifIdo Fri 11-Jan-13 10:41:01

JustFabulous - because the nanny still has to see the cheekywoman at the school gate daily, if the OP had just ignored it and not dealt with it would still push it back to the nanny to sort out, which could easily have pissed off the nanny.

OP - sounds like a good result. You can keep repeating to your friend that while you are sure she wouldn't take the piss (!), there were enough "one off" requests from enough different people that it wasn't acceptable for you or your nanny so you've agreed with the nanny she should say no to all "one off" requests to avoid problems, but of course, if you aren't working and she needs a favour, that would be completely different...

diddl Fri 11-Jan-13 12:59:44

Cynic in me says she´s not a lovely girl on another planet-I mean really??-no wonder people get sucked in to doing stuff for her if she can get hem to think that-she´s a piss taker now trying to cover her arse.

LifeofPo Fri 11-Jan-13 15:11:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crinkle77 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:17:09

Surely the nanny would not be insured if anything went wrong while this other child was in her care?

Jux Fri 11-Jan-13 17:30:16

Yeah, she's a piss taker covering her arse. Probably lovely in other ways, but has found it works in her favour to appear to be in another world.

You will have to tell her the rest of it at some point though.

Apparently, last year she came to a private arrangement which affected working conditions with a nanny employed by someone else, without the employer even knowing? That is even more shocking behaviour!

Nip any ideas she may have aout that in the bud. Gird your loins, and approach her. You could be curious about what she said about last year, and when she tells you again, be utterly shocked and point out the nanny is someone else's employee being dishonest and you'd sack your nanny if she were to behave so unprofessionally - then tell your nanny what you've said, just to let her know that you've made it very clear to your friend that it's a no-no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now