to be disgusted and angry? RAGE RAGE RAGE (Rape related, may trigger)

(208 Posts)
LoopsInHoops Tue 08-Jan-13 14:23:56

You may have heard about the Steubenville rape cover-up in Ohio that was uncovered by hacking group, Anonymous?

I read a few things about it, but hadn't read the hacking group's own account. here it is

I am absolutely disgusted at the level of deceit and evil in one small town.

The poor girl was drugged by a group (having had their coache's permission) then raped by loads of them. And now there are videos floating around the internet, not only of these horrible creatures (most of whom haven't been charged, the police having deleted the incriminating evidence), but also of one admitting to raping her and all his friends finding it absolutely fucking hilarious. here, grim watching, not for the sensitive (like me)

AIBU to have had no idea that the system in a western country can be so utterly fucked up as to allow this behaviour on account of school/sporting popularity? It is so fucking wrong. angry

LoopsInHoops Wed 09-Jan-13 16:20:57

Sorry, been away from computer.

What is hoped to be achieved? Awareness? Greater media coverage? International involvement? A mass sign-up to Anonymous? Petition signing? That needs to be decided really before a new thread IMO.

LoopsInHoops Wed 09-Jan-13 16:22:14

Boo - copy the url (www.bit) and paste to where it say something like 'Booyhoo, hoe you doin'?'

loopylou6 Wed 09-Jan-13 16:25:21

I think extra media coverage, public outcry that the police cannot ignore. There is a video of him admitting to rape, how can he be allowed to get away with this?

LoopsInHoops Wed 09-Jan-13 16:31:43

I'm struggling for time right now, so please go ahead and start a new thread, loopy. smile

loopylou6 Wed 09-Jan-13 16:50:22

Done.

I really hope we could help somehow, this story has really angered and saddened me.

LoopsInHoops Wed 09-Jan-13 16:52:39

Thanks loopy smile Can you link it please?

loopylou6 Wed 09-Jan-13 16:59:18

No problem. here

Booyhoo Wed 09-Jan-13 17:24:54

thank you loops.

(i'm getting confused with loopy and loops grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now