to be disgusted and angry? RAGE RAGE RAGE (Rape related, may trigger)

(208 Posts)
LoopsInHoops Tue 08-Jan-13 14:23:56

You may have heard about the Steubenville rape cover-up in Ohio that was uncovered by hacking group, Anonymous?

I read a few things about it, but hadn't read the hacking group's own account. here it is

I am absolutely disgusted at the level of deceit and evil in one small town.

The poor girl was drugged by a group (having had their coache's permission) then raped by loads of them. And now there are videos floating around the internet, not only of these horrible creatures (most of whom haven't been charged, the police having deleted the incriminating evidence), but also of one admitting to raping her and all his friends finding it absolutely fucking hilarious. here, grim watching, not for the sensitive (like me)

AIBU to have had no idea that the system in a western country can be so utterly fucked up as to allow this behaviour on account of school/sporting popularity? It is so fucking wrong. angry

Do you have proof lovelyladuree

Flatbread Tue 08-Jan-13 19:57:43
OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 08-Jan-13 19:59:53
Nancy66 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:00:28

websites for:

The Guardian

The atlantic

New York Daily News

CBS news

have all done updates on the case in recent hours - no mention of a hoax. Would be pretty easy to confirm considering many accused have been named and two supposedly charged

blueemerald Tue 08-Jan-13 20:00:58

The story has been added to/updated on the Guardian website in the last 20 mins, The New York Daily News website in the last 3 hours and USA Today website in the last 4 hours. I'll be very surprised if it's a hoax.

Loislane78 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:19:31

Just saw on the BBC website that 3 of the accused rapists in the India case have pleaded not guilty.

Makes me question what's a fitting punishment for these EVIL bastards.

buzzgirly Tue 08-Jan-13 20:40:15

This is absolutely atrocious. That poor, poor girl - how will she get over this. The level of corruption is astounding. I truly don't understand why our societies worship people whose main skill is kicking a bloody ball, and using it to justify their awful behaviour.

greenplastictrees Tue 08-Jan-13 20:56:11

I am horrified by that. Absolutely awful.

BornInACrossFireHurricane Tue 08-Jan-13 21:00:46

Fucking hell.

That poor girl.

I am so angry. There obviously needs to be a more fitting punishment for rapists, in my opinion

nevertoooldforindie Tue 08-Jan-13 21:02:00

Bump. No punishment good enough

Flatbread Tue 08-Jan-13 21:02:09

I read this interview with anon - most chilling is that there seem to have been Rape crews from 1975 in the town. What a perverted culture!

www.huffingtonpost.com/michealene-cristini-risley/a-conversation-with-anony_b_2433813.html

PiccadillyCervix Tue 08-Jan-13 21:38:18

That huffpost article was fascinating. You can really see the potential for good the internet has, by keeping politicians and others in power in check.despite the horrors (like using this poor girl's rape as something to poke fun of on social media sites|)

Fakebook Tue 08-Jan-13 21:41:29

I'm absolutely horrified and disgusted. I hope those petitions actually help though. It seems these animals think they're invincible.

Bobyan Tue 08-Jan-13 21:49:33

So much for being a hoax

I'm disgusted.

fuzzypicklehead Tue 08-Jan-13 22:01:24

I just can't believe somebody didn't DO something! People saw her being carried around for hours and nobody intervened.

LoopsInHoops Wed 09-Jan-13 00:55:26

Wouldn't it just be convenient for the families of the perpetrators, eg. the prosecuting attorney mother) if they were able to get people to believe it was a hoax? Very convenient indeed.

5madthings Wed 09-Jan-13 01:07:35

I read about this a week or so ago on fb and was horrified and that was without all the details. It beggars belief that people can do this and how the fuck they thought they could cover it up/pretend it didnt happen.

I really hope the girl involved gets proper justice. The people involved should be fucking ashamef and i dont mean just the rapists but the bloody adults thar tried to make out it was a 'teen prank' etc.

BratinghamPalace Wed 09-Jan-13 04:58:24

I do not understand why India got so much coverage and this did not. I also think that if those boys were black they would be in prison by now. I am finding it really hard to process this. Are they the future? All the people who saw this and did nothing. Are they really the future? That poor child.

sarahlundssweater Wed 09-Jan-13 05:55:55

Brat One of the accused, due to stand trail on Feb 13, IS black.

sarahlundssweater Wed 09-Jan-13 05:56:39

trial not trail.

MadCap Wed 09-Jan-13 07:52:47

Ignore Lovely, based on his/her posts over the last day or two, he lives under a bridge at worst or is a misongynist at best.

Patchouli Wed 09-Jan-13 09:20:02

Just horrifying.
how do these people look themselves in the mirror/
Not just the attackers but the lawyer mom, sheriff etc

Thankyou to Anonymous.

Locketjuice Wed 09-Jan-13 09:32:05

Fucking disgusting!
The boys all deserve to be hung up and tortured along with every wanka that helped hide the evidence!

Left on her parents lawn? How bloody awful, by only has their 16 year old daughter been killed in the most awful way they have to see her in that state and will taunt their minds with that image!

Horrifying to think these small town coverups, Daddy's an attorney situations are still rife.

I didn't watch the footage of the boy talking about it but what kind of parent can excuse that so Junior can go on to college. What kind of mentality is bred in that place that young girls are just treated like cattle to abuse?

It turns out that the lawyer representing the victim is close friends with the sheriff. I really doubt that this girl and her family will get proper justice angry sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now