Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

New shape of Dairy Milk

(217 Posts)
JollyToddles Mon 07-Jan-13 20:06:07

They have ruined Dairy Milk.

Bloody Kraft. I want the square shape back.

AIBU?

aamia Tue 08-Jan-13 00:23:55

Yanbu it tastes awful now. I only buy mars now and will not eat cadburys.

JollyToddles Tue 08-Jan-13 07:02:23

My son is never going to know real Dairy Milks. What sort of world have I brought him into???

AndABigBirdInaPearTree Tue 08-Jan-13 07:07:30

Oh god, yet another British thing gone all newfangled and trendy.

Somebody link Kraft to this thread?

AndABigBirdInaPearTree Tue 08-Jan-13 07:08:04

I'm still pissy about Smarties not being in a tube.

I'm going to be cross about this for a long time.

crockydoodle Tue 08-Jan-13 07:14:35

Agree with Quality Street now better than Roses. Luckily I am close enough to The Republic of Ireland to source proper chocolate easily.

RuleBritannia Tue 08-Jan-13 07:15:06

Yes, Kraft is certainly spoiling things British. Don't buy Dairy Milk any more and they might go back to the original - OUR original.

RuleBritannia Tue 08-Jan-13 07:16:17

Americans have to have everything American, don't they? Don't they realise that there are other cultures out there? Come on Richard Branson!

Isildur Tue 08-Jan-13 07:19:20

I used to like those paper thin bars of dairy milk (marketed at very small children, I think blush) but they are definitely not the same without the lovely foil wrapper.

Irish Dairy Milk is nice, but is it just me, or is the price relatively high? Even buying a small bar in Ireland, I definitely notice the price difference between that and the UK ones.

The varients are nice too, Tiffin, Golden Crisp, the turkish delight type one..

Well that's it for me, I'll stick to maltesers! They can't fuck with those can they. The ritual of eating the chocolate off then sucking the honeycomb will go on. They've messed up my kit Kat ritual and Aero, now bloody dairy milk!

Revolt I say!!!!!!

peanutMD Tue 08-Jan-13 07:22:23

Erm... This happened months ago, there was a big uproar about it.

Last summer I think, it was in the news and everything!

They said it was to 'update' the old but everyone was saying no its to up your profits because they put the price up by 1p and shaved a few grams of the bar by removing the corners.

Sorry, where has the smarties tube gone? How do they sell them now? Packets, pick and mix??????

JollyToddles Tue 08-Jan-13 07:34:38

Peanut... Google tells me the decision was taken in September. However my local shop has only just started selling them. So because I don't read the national papers cover to cover I hadn't spotted it until it started to make a difference to me.

peanutMD Tue 08-Jan-13 07:39:08

Jolly don't get your knickers in a twist I was just pointing out it happened a while ago.

I only saw it because I was visiting my dairy milk addict Gran when it was on and, oh the drama grin

theplodder Tue 08-Jan-13 07:39:52

Everything will be tasting like Hershey bars soon.... that spoilt milk / sick taste in your mouse. Bloody Kraft!

theplodder Tue 08-Jan-13 07:42:48

in your mouth, even.

JollyToddles Tue 08-Jan-13 08:31:09

Sorry peanut, I'm just so pissed off!

Dairy milk is the only chocolate I really eat so they've ruined chocolate for me sad

Multipack of four bars are still chunks ... £1 in Tesco express

[diet starts here emoticon]

HollySheet Tue 08-Jan-13 09:36:05

theplodder, leave my mouse out of this, he's done nowt wrong! grin

I haven't eaten Dairy Milk in years, when I was at school the only chocolate bars they would sell/allow was cadburys because they boycotted Nestle!

Stinkyminkymoo Tue 08-Jan-13 09:47:36

I'm sorry but Cadburys hasn't been right for a while now hmm. I have to confess to having to defected to Galaxy counters. Like Minstrels but naked. Mmmmmmm

Nooo! This is the main reason I prefer Dairy Milk over Galaxy - the chocolate just melts all wrong when it's not in a nice rectangle.

At least they can't possibly do that to the larger bars. Can they?

Fakebook Tue 08-Jan-13 10:18:34

Cadburys don't make adverts like this anymore either. sad.

Ephiny Tue 08-Jan-13 10:27:33

I knew they'd made the bars smaller as well as changing the shape angry. Haven't made them any cheaper though...

nickelbabylyinginamanger Tue 08-Jan-13 10:28:33

i've tweeted them :

@dairymilk if anyone wants to start a campaign.

Psammead Tue 08-Jan-13 10:28:51

I...

<whispers>

like the new shape.

It looks as though it would fit just nicey into the roof of your mouth.

However, I would kill most of you and walk over your bodies just to get hold of even the tiniest bit of cadburys, no matter how rank. I've had it with this super swanky Swiss chocolate. Gimme Cadbury's nooooow!

New bar = travesty!! Also live in Ireland (tho am a northsider!) but have access to both non-messed with Cadburys delicious goodness and this new Frankenstein stuff. New stuff def doesn't taste as good sad ;(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now