Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be unnerved about this man....

(155 Posts)
Everythingwillbeok Mon 07-Jan-13 15:33:31

One of my neighbours who I only know in passing has started cooking for me,I am not elderly nor do I live alone.
I am married and have 2 DC.Its not full meals or anything like that just samosas,onion basis things like that.
Initially I was very grateful and just assumed they were for all of us to share and perhaps he was lonely.

He is about 45 and very friendly,he does live alone with no children that I know of,but recently he has been dropping off food and commenting its only for me and has been very flirty and is constantly saying I am beautiful.I am now not eating the food anymore it just doesn't feel right. This only happens about once a month by the way it's not as if he cooking stuff every night.

Also he pushed a Christmas card through a couple of weeks ago which had all our names in spelt correctly including our DCs. Didn't know he knew their names.

It's all really come to a head now as I saw him last night in the street and he was again very flirty and telling me I'm beautiful. I felt so uneasy,bearing in mind he has never touched me or tried to enter the house AIBU?I don't know what I think will happen but it just feels inappropriate somehow. My DH hasn't really said much about the situation and is mildly amused although he doesn't know I saw him last night.

He seems like a very nice man but I'm worried for some reason.

magimedi88 Mon 07-Jan-13 17:32:32

I am so sorry he's making you feel uncomfortable, OP. I would certainly say something to him, or get your partner to. I hope the naughty Ice Lolly (who has me nearly weeping with laughter) has cheered you up a bit!

And yes to NC to Onion Bhajiz!!

HecatePropolos Mon 07-Jan-13 17:35:35

Yes. I've been campaigning for [boggle] for years. They just won't listen grin

And yes to added extras.

I used to love fray bentos pies until I met someone who used to work for them. I will say no more...

PeachActiviaMinge Mon 07-Jan-13 17:37:57

Seems men tend to have it in for MIL's! Oh god though honestly if you're of a sensitive dispostion please don't click the link and shout at me it regards a couple of men owning up to secretly depositing their cum in other peoples food/lube/cups.

PeachActiviaMinge Mon 07-Jan-13 17:39:54

"I used to love fray bentos pies until I met someone who used to work for them. I will say no more..."

Nooooooo shock I'm bloody cooking everything from scratch myself from now on!

HecatePropolos Mon 07-Jan-13 17:41:14

I also know someone who used to work in a chicken factory.

if I were you, I'd grow your own stuff...

OldMacEIEIO Mon 07-Jan-13 17:47:50

Politely decline the food and tell him you are on a sticky porridge and semolina diet

what could possibly go wrong

TheKindnessOfStrangers Mon 07-Jan-13 17:48:47

When I read that about him putting the names of your kids in the Xmas card I actually thought that was quite thoughtful (in an attempt to earn some brownie points I included their kids' names in my colleagues Xmas cards this year whenever I could remember them, even though I've never actually met any of these children!). But on reflection in the context of the rest of his behaviour it is creepy, and the rest of his behaviour is undoubtedly creepy - let's call a spade a spade, it's stalking. Get your husband to tell him you don't want his gifts anymore - this should a.) stop the gifts and b.) show him you've got somebody who is prepared to stick up for you.

sameoldlovebunny Mon 07-Jan-13 17:51:54

he thinks you're available and he's winning. your behaviour is telling him so. stop being polite. tell him, without being too rude, that it has to stop. your family would not approve. tell him that.

Everythingwillbeok Mon 07-Jan-13 17:53:28

Well I have certainly laughed his afternoon even though my stomach feels off can't think why lol.

HecatePropolos Mon 07-Jan-13 17:54:01

maybe you're pregnant wink

Nancy66 Mon 07-Jan-13 17:55:46

is his stuff unusually salty? Even the cakes?

SarahStratton Mon 07-Jan-13 17:56:22

Please don't tell me about the Fray Bentos. They're my secret dirty pleasure. sad

WifeofPie Mon 07-Jan-13 17:58:19

sticky porridge and semolina

PLEASE STOP. I still have to pick up my kids from school and now I have raccoon eyes grin.

Everythingwillbeok Mon 07-Jan-13 17:59:43

I'm def not preggersgrin

He has never made me cakes,perhaps savoury stuff hides the taste better?

Don't know why I'm playing along the thought has disturbed me!!

Nancy66 Mon 07-Jan-13 18:01:17

I know someone who wiped his cock on a steak he served to a very annoying and high-handed customer.

HecatePropolos Mon 07-Jan-13 18:05:10

Why shouldn't they be, Stratters.

they've already been someone else's...

OldMacEIEIO Mon 07-Jan-13 18:05:42

You might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
Get out of the food gifts routine, and demolish his fawning adoration of you

'Thanks but I must decline. The last onion barjees made me f@rt so much that I nearly blasted myself into a low orbit'

The McDonald's local to me had to sack all their male members of staff after some were found to be adding their own special ingredients.

SarahStratton Mon 07-Jan-13 18:09:06

<fingers in ears>

I'm not listening to yoooou.

<lalalalaLALALALA>

HollaAtMeBaby Mon 07-Jan-13 18:16:29

Forget making excuses about healthy eating etc, that will just invite comments about what a lovely figure you have... Your DH needs to go round and tell him to leave you alone. Am assuming this guy is Indian (proper Indian, not brown British!) based on the type of food he makes - no way would he act like this with a married woman (or any woman) from his own culture so he knows it's not appropriate to do so with you. He's taking advantage of your English politeness and he needs to know it stops here. You could tell him yourself but it is better for your dh to do it.

ResolutelyCheeky Mon 07-Jan-13 18:20:29

Hmmm, samosa with celebration sauce....

Everythingwillbeok Mon 07-Jan-13 18:32:14

holla I completely agree with you, yes he Muslim and no I don't think he would so forward with a lady from his own culture.

Bluefrogs Mon 07-Jan-13 18:34:22

Sorry but did I read a description of someone as 'proper Indian not brown British'?
WTF?

ResolutelyCheeky Mon 07-Jan-13 18:38:43

Couldn't quite get my head around that one either blue
How has this lighthearted thread turned into a race thing?

cinnamonnut Mon 07-Jan-13 18:46:24

These stories are horrible! Anyone else got any so we know what to avoid?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now