Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

weddings and oaps

(332 Posts)
Hullygully Mon 07-Jan-13 13:28:58

I have been invited to a wedding where the bride has developed what must really be called a phobia about old people. (Long story)

She refuses to have any one over 70 in case there is a "medical emergency" which would spoil her day and in order to avoid an outcry she proposes to organise a coach trip for the old people to see The Lion King as a treat on the same day with a special tea at a Holiday Inn afterwards and a video link to her ceremony.

Her mother is 72 and is allowed to go because she recently passed a stringent medical, but no one else of a similar age is allowed. My mother is 73 and looked after her a lot when she was little and really wants to go. Also, she has seen The Lion King already. I think she should be allowed to go to the wedding as a fit and healthy sort of "extra" mother. AIBU?

I think of your thighs often

shock

Where did that come from?

Hullygully Wed 09-Jan-13 22:37:29

<looks at thighs in alarm>

TheVermiciousKnid Fri 11-Jan-13 00:31:58

I'm sorry, Hully, but nobody is posting on this thread anymore because we have all been staring in alarm at your thighs since your last post.

Hullygully Fri 11-Jan-13 09:50:38

huh

I meant the pin from the wax dolly

impecuniousmarmoset Thu 07-Mar-13 10:24:31

I'm bumping this because I haven't laughed so much in ages and there must be lots of others who missed this.

And by the by, I can't believe that the two funniest threads I've read on MN this year (this and the funny things kids say when they're pissed off) are not in classics. MNHQ?!?!

TheVermiciousKnid Thu 07-Mar-13 10:28:42

Bloody hell, I've been staring at Hully's thighs for almost two months now! Time to stop and get on with some work.

mistlethrush Thu 07-Mar-13 10:45:53

Thank you for bringing it up into Active again - surely a classic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now