Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To order myself a mail order bride?

(38 Posts)
44SoStartingOver Mon 07-Jan-13 13:13:35

Now, I am totally against any sort of human trafficking, slavery (which I understand is at its highest levels in history) or prostitution.

Bearing that in mind, would I be unreasonable to offer to marry one of the nice young ladies who emails me offering companionship etc?

Dh has done the sahp thing for a couple of days and it's fab. I think I need someone at home to do the school run, be a bit domestic and generally take e pressure off.

On the plus side for the mail order bride, so would not have to sleep with me or fake affection for me. Or generally live with a grotty old man. I reckon on my (pathetic ) salary I could afford to divorce dh ( he and I can live in sin) and have a civil partnership with new mail order bride and pay her minimum wage.

Totally unethical? Presumably she is keen to come to uk. Or do I need to look elsewhere for a more ethical domestic ménage a trois?

Daddelion Wed 09-Jan-13 08:08:00

I think two wives in the same house would be like the irresistible force meets the immovable object.

What if there was a difference of opinion on which way the toilet paper should hang?

44SoStartingOver Wed 09-Jan-13 07:09:52

Cleaner won't do I'm afraid. I want someone who goes that bit further. Anticipates my needs a bit. Occasionally pampers me. She still would not need to sleep with me.

WaspFactory Tue 08-Jan-13 10:45:00

Genius

Psammead Tue 08-Jan-13 10:33:36

I'd love a wife. Or a housekeeper.

EyesCrossedLegsAkimbo Tue 08-Jan-13 10:29:09

No no, to wages! Housekeeping allowance grin

Fakebook Tue 08-Jan-13 10:12:30

Get a cleaner.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 08-Jan-13 10:10:51

If you're married/partnered it's not a wage, it's an allowance. Got to get the terminology right if you want to keep Immigration off your necks.

SarahStratton Tue 08-Jan-13 10:07:32

Thought as much grin

catgirl1976 Tue 08-Jan-13 07:42:09

grin

It was the vodka smile

SarahStratton Mon 07-Jan-13 23:22:30

passed out cat?

catgirl1976 Mon 07-Jan-13 22:55:50

I would like a Russian bride

I have always wanted (needed) a wife and she might bring Vodka

I

maddening Mon 07-Jan-13 22:52:05

grin abbier

Apparently guaranteed sex dating is the way to go shock

BJunction Mon 07-Jan-13 22:40:54

Yes, maybe I was being a little unreasonable, you should choose her on her domestic and taking-children-to-school abilities

44SoStartingOver Mon 07-Jan-13 22:33:07

Is is not rather wrong to choose a bride for comedic purposes? I know I don't have the moral high ground here, but maybe I should compromise with a plain homely wife?

Or better yet, a lesbian wife. Who knows I offer her my gratitude, respect and a small wage? But no sexual demands??

abbierhodes Mon 07-Jan-13 22:33:04

Maddening- where would you have sex, other than in 'your area'? I thought that was what my 'area' was for! confused grin

So next year we'll be able to spot MNers not by their scarves, but by their interesting domestic set-ups. grin

<off to open hotmail account and wait for spam>

BJunction Mon 07-Jan-13 22:29:26

Good answer, I think do both. Make yourself bee yoo tiful an also get a bride who looks like the chap from Little Britain for pure comedy purposes smile

Cultivate sexy accent, store and use for special occasions

hiddenhome Mon 07-Jan-13 22:29:08

Oh yeah, I want a big strapping lass to carry the coal in and chop the wood grin

44SoStartingOver Mon 07-Jan-13 22:27:05

Ah, no worries. I will have more time on my hands to make myself bee-yoo-tiful.

I can also cultivate a sexy accent.

Or play safe and choose myself a bride who looks like the chap from little Britain?

BJunction Mon 07-Jan-13 22:24:36

Word of advice, make sure she's ugly. You wouldn't want the DH getting any ideas...

hiddenhome Mon 07-Jan-13 21:53:32

I'd like a Russian bride. I'm trying to learn Russian so she could help me. I would, in return, buy her blinis from sainsburys [ smile]

BJunction Mon 07-Jan-13 21:44:21

Absolutely, you're completely on to something here!!

44SoStartingOver Mon 07-Jan-13 21:38:59

I am sure that a young woman would rather be married to a considerate charming woman like me rather than a sweaty pervy old man. I am quite a nice life partner and would be even nicer with someone at home to pick up the slack.

BJunction Mon 07-Jan-13 21:32:56

I admire your creative thinking, I think YANBU and in fact have an excellent idea that I can see people taking advantage of with our new civil partnership laws... Awesome idea... Totally not off to have a quick chat to the other half and take at Mail Order Bride websites

maddening Mon 07-Jan-13 16:01:01

I am only getting offers of guaranteed sex in my area sad I have enough sex in my area but no offers of russian wives sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now