to think anyone who revives a zombie thread should be banished from MN?

(70 Posts)
MardyBra Sat 05-Jan-13 11:44:23

Forever.

MardyBra Sat 05-Jan-13 14:09:41

Don't tell DH pickled. He'll be getting ideas.

PickledInAPearTree Sat 05-Jan-13 14:14:42

Haha! grin

ll31 Sat 05-Jan-13 14:25:22

What does it matter? I really can't see how you could be upset by this..

AmberLeaf Sat 05-Jan-13 14:25:22

Locked threads are even more annoying all this zombie nonsense!

AmberLeaf Sat 05-Jan-13 14:26:34

Locked threads are what you get on netmums when the head girl mods want to stop conversation that doesn't fit their mindset.

Foggles Sat 05-Jan-13 14:28:53

I like Worra's idea.

Either that or threads turn to a different colour after a certain period. (They could be seasonal colours to please the S & B regulars)

Otherwise I think I am in danger of posting on an old thread and arguing with my younger self grin

I remember getting all irate over an AIBU that I had randomly clicked on. Typed out a tirade of abuse a kindly worded reply to the OP and just in time realised the thread was about 4 years old. Instead of clicking "next page" I'd accidently clicked something else which took me into the past murky depths of AIBU.

grin

JaquelineHyde Sat 05-Jan-13 14:40:29

Hang on a minute many a times I have started a thread to get some opinions/answers from Mumsnetters and have had post after post of miserable fuckers screaming at me to just do a search of the archives because there have been a million threads on the topic!

So if you search and old thread and revive it for more up to date opinions you should be banned but if you start a new thread on a topic previously discussed the howlers of MN ruin the thread by telling you to bog off to the archives.

I have an idea why don't people just take responsibilty for what they chose to read, if it's a subject you are bored of don't read it and if you do fancy a read check the date before you start trawling through!

thegreylady Sat 05-Jan-13 14:45:26

I always forget to look until I have posted then I feel really stupid sad
[reallystupid doesnt mind though grin ]

Lizzylou Sat 05-Jan-13 14:46:36

I agree with Pag and Jaq on this I think.

Search the archives for info shizzle, OK.
Dumbass rehashing of arguments, not on.

bruffin Sat 05-Jan-13 14:51:03

I agree
Anyone bumping for advice very rarely gets replied to as everyone is replying to the op.
I like the idea of a different colour or blocked after certain time.

PurpleCrazyHorse Sat 05-Jan-13 15:06:21

Oops, I resurrected a zombie thread last week and I usually check the date, not quite sure how I ended up on an old one. A different colour background for the OP would be a quick visual indicator.

cocoachannel Sat 05-Jan-13 15:27:30

<makes note on calendar to revive thread in August>

What is sometimes baffling is that they are often revived because they were found through a search of either MN or an Internet search engine, and it's often impossible to ascertain why on earth the reviving poster was looking for.

nickelbabylyinginamanger Sat 05-Jan-13 15:29:26

no.

there's a good thread that's been revived this week about Kirstie allsopp and the NCT

it's got as many current posts on as it had originally.

sometimes it's good to start up a discussion again.

it is annoying to find out it's a zombie thread though.

cocoachannel Sat 05-Jan-13 18:18:49

The KA thread is back because she's back in the news/ on Twitter bemoaning the NCT again so relevant. I guess this refers to once less current. Agree it's a good example of where they can be resurrected though!

scottishmummy Sat 05-Jan-13 18:22:57

it's not the worst mn indiscretion I dont have strong feelings about it
I have responded to old threads but I don't look date or poster
only iffy if trying to be mischievous

Unacceptable Sat 05-Jan-13 18:50:08

I think there would be a lot of us banned if MNHQ took your idea on board holds hand up to previously not checking dates

Unacceptable Sat 05-Jan-13 18:50:59

I quickly just checked date of OP just incase!!!

Startail Sat 05-Jan-13 18:59:43

Not if they are interesting and the info on them is useful.

COCKadoodledooo Sat 05-Jan-13 19:56:57

I revived a 2 year old thread of mine today. Am the only one who has posted on it though so don't think it's me that's pissed you off!

I recall one I saw once where there had been only one post, and then the same poster had revived it, three years later. The next post had me spluttering tea - "OP, you do realise you are talking to yourself 3 years ago don't you?" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now