to think anyone who revives a zombie thread should be banished from MN?

(96 Posts)
MardyBra Sat 05-Jan-13 11:44:23

Forever.

MardyBra Sat 05-Jan-13 14:09:41

Don't tell DH pickled. He'll be getting ideas.

PickledInAPearTree Sat 05-Jan-13 14:14:42

Haha! grin

ll31 Sat 05-Jan-13 14:25:22

What does it matter? I really can't see how you could be upset by this..

AmberLeaf Sat 05-Jan-13 14:25:22

Locked threads are even more annoying all this zombie nonsense!

AmberLeaf Sat 05-Jan-13 14:26:34

Locked threads are what you get on netmums when the head girl mods want to stop conversation that doesn't fit their mindset.

Foggles Sat 05-Jan-13 14:28:53

I like Worra's idea.

Either that or threads turn to a different colour after a certain period. (They could be seasonal colours to please the S & B regulars)

Otherwise I think I am in danger of posting on an old thread and arguing with my younger self grin

I remember getting all irate over an AIBU that I had randomly clicked on. Typed out a tirade of abuse a kindly worded reply to the OP and just in time realised the thread was about 4 years old. Instead of clicking "next page" I'd accidently clicked something else which took me into the past murky depths of AIBU.

grin

JaquelineHyde Sat 05-Jan-13 14:40:29

Hang on a minute many a times I have started a thread to get some opinions/answers from Mumsnetters and have had post after post of miserable fuckers screaming at me to just do a search of the archives because there have been a million threads on the topic!

So if you search and old thread and revive it for more up to date opinions you should be banned but if you start a new thread on a topic previously discussed the howlers of MN ruin the thread by telling you to bog off to the archives.

I have an idea why don't people just take responsibilty for what they chose to read, if it's a subject you are bored of don't read it and if you do fancy a read check the date before you start trawling through!

thegreylady Sat 05-Jan-13 14:45:26

I always forget to look until I have posted then I feel really stupid sad
[reallystupid doesnt mind though grin ]

Lizzylou Sat 05-Jan-13 14:46:36

I agree with Pag and Jaq on this I think.

Search the archives for info shizzle, OK.
Dumbass rehashing of arguments, not on.

bruffin Sat 05-Jan-13 14:51:03

I agree
Anyone bumping for advice very rarely gets replied to as everyone is replying to the op.
I like the idea of a different colour or blocked after certain time.

Oops, I resurrected a zombie thread last week and I usually check the date, not quite sure how I ended up on an old one. A different colour background for the OP would be a quick visual indicator.

cocoachannel Sat 05-Jan-13 15:27:30

<makes note on calendar to revive thread in August>

What is sometimes baffling is that they are often revived because they were found through a search of either MN or an Internet search engine, and it's often impossible to ascertain why on earth the reviving poster was looking for.

nickelbabylyinginamanger Sat 05-Jan-13 15:29:26

no.

there's a good thread that's been revived this week about Kirstie allsopp and the NCT

it's got as many current posts on as it had originally.

sometimes it's good to start up a discussion again.

it is annoying to find out it's a zombie thread though.

cocoachannel Sat 05-Jan-13 18:18:49

The KA thread is back because she's back in the news/ on Twitter bemoaning the NCT again so relevant. I guess this refers to once less current. Agree it's a good example of where they can be resurrected though!

scottishmummy Sat 05-Jan-13 18:22:57

it's not the worst mn indiscretion I dont have strong feelings about it
I have responded to old threads but I don't look date or poster
only iffy if trying to be mischievous

Unacceptable Sat 05-Jan-13 18:50:08

I think there would be a lot of us banned if MNHQ took your idea on board holds hand up to previously not checking dates

Unacceptable Sat 05-Jan-13 18:50:59

I quickly just checked date of OP just incase!!!

Startail Sat 05-Jan-13 18:59:43

Not if they are interesting and the info on them is useful.

COCKadoodledooo Sat 05-Jan-13 19:56:57

I revived a 2 year old thread of mine today. Am the only one who has posted on it though so don't think it's me that's pissed you off!

I recall one I saw once where there had been only one post, and then the same poster had revived it, three years later. The next post had me spluttering tea - "OP, you do realise you are talking to yourself 3 years ago don't you?" grin

RandomNPC Tue 20-Jan-15 01:55:28

Reactivated just for the irony

Blackout234 Tue 20-Jan-15 02:14:49

RandomNpc I think you're my favorite MNetter.

FishWithABicycle Tue 20-Jan-15 05:25:16

grin
I do think zombie threads should have a warning added to their title in active conversations - I keep reading whole threads and not noticing till page 4 that all the posts are from 2012.

HellKitty Tue 20-Jan-15 05:39:52

I'd bought a big joint of silverside and Googled yesterday for some inspiration. An old MN thread about some beef (f'narr) came up. Luckily I just read and didn't reply as I doubt some MNer would appreciate being asked how her tea was two years ago.

HellKitty Tue 20-Jan-15 05:40:24

Oh fuck. Just realised - shame on me!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now