to have told this girl off?

(14 Posts)
Startail Sat 05-Jan-13 11:17:22

YANBU
I had a horror of a trolly climbing out of DD1. Very dangerous and silly.

Jolly glad her mum agreed.

Groovee Sat 05-Jan-13 11:13:33

If the 2 year old had fallen and smacked his face then it probably would have been a rush to hospital. The 14 year old needed to be told it wasn't acceptable.

Moominsarehippos Sat 05-Jan-13 11:10:11

I would have grabbed the trolley if I'd seen it, I am very meddlesome and hate to see little kids getting banged and hurt. I have seen so many prams topple and kids bang into things. Usually the adults with them are grateful and only the odd ones give the 'a look' if you grab a pram as it falls backwards.

She could have thought it would be a funny 'ride' for the little kid. I find that although teenagers are more 'mature' these days, the are more stupid than ever!

SpottyBagOfTumble Sat 05-Jan-13 11:02:50

Yanbu but braver than me!

CloudsAndTrees Sat 05-Jan-13 10:58:08

You were not being unreasonable, the woman who allowed an irresponsible and immature teenager to take her baby onto a travelator was being very unreasonable.

YANBU I want someone to tell my dc off if they were being that cruel.

SweetTeaVodka Sat 05-Jan-13 10:49:47

I would have been tempted too, but not brave enough to approach her as I would worry about her or her mum becoming aggressive, especially as she doesn't sound very pleasant from that incident!

LoopsInHoops Sat 05-Jan-13 10:49:13

Oh, asking because I felt like a busybody, basically.

WiseKneeHair Sat 05-Jan-13 10:47:38

YANBU

However, I'm an interfering busybody with my judgy pants hiked up to my norks, so expect some YABU.

BeaWheesht Sat 05-Jan-13 10:47:13

Well obviously Yanbu

Moominsarehippos Sat 05-Jan-13 10:46:35

I'm assuming its the ones that go up and down stairs with the huge signs on the front barrier that says you can't have a child in the seat?

aprilrain Sat 05-Jan-13 10:45:41

Yanbu but why are you asking if the mum was cross with her too?

Moominsarehippos Sat 05-Jan-13 10:45:35

Nope. I would have been raging too but live in London, so probably would have got a smack in the mouth for my troubles.

LoopsInHoops Sat 05-Jan-13 10:44:18

in supermarket earlier. Girl of about 14?? with little boy of about 2 in trolley (not strapped in, no straps - not in UK). She put the trolley on the travellator thing then laughed hard as he realised he was going up without her, panicked, screamed, tried to get out. About half way up, as he was trying to climb out and a number of people moved towards the travellator to help, the girl ran to him.
I could hear him screaming and then sobbing a good few minutes after they reached the top. When I got to the top (with my two little DDs) I went to her and told her that what she did was really nasty, frightening and dangerous. Her mum came over at this point, and I explained what I had seen.

Was I being unreasonable to tell her off and tell their mum? I'm still cross now.

The mum, by the way, was cross with the girl too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now