Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think there is no acceptable reason to poo in the shower at the gym (and lave it there)

(113 Posts)
CheshireDing Fri 04-Jan-13 23:48:25

Honestly I am BAFFLED why anyone would think this was okay.

My friend went in to the shower before work and there it was a lone turd sad and it's a communal shower (mens).

Were they not worried somebody would come whilst they were shitting in the shower? hmm

JustAHolyFool Sat 05-Jan-13 00:24:15

So if this is happening a lot, there must be someone out there reading this thread thinking "that's me...I do that." If you are there, tell us. Tell us why you do it. Probably name change first.

Or do they employ such cognitive dissonance that they don't realise it's them? "Oh pooing in a shower, how disgusting." <goes to shit in sink>

rhondajean Brazil Sat 05-Jan-13 00:25:36

Omg!

I thought the guy who used to pay to come into our gym on Friday mornings, walk for ten minutes on the treadmill then go a big huge smelly poo in the men's toilet was bad enough.

But it was in the toilet and he did flush - its jsut a smallish gym and it stunk the whole place out. He came in every Friday for a while...fiver a go, pretty expensive poo!

CheshireDing Sat 05-Jan-13 00:31:30

See I could totally see that a child could drop one (yes you would pick it up) but this was in a gym, before work so it must have been an adult.

I do love the thought of random turds being found alone in places though grin

Gryffindor Sat 05-Jan-13 00:31:54

It's another world. I wonder if they do it at home, or view toilets that other people clean as an opportunity for a luxury poo/wee/whatever.

PaellaUmbrella Sat 05-Jan-13 00:34:44

I used to work in a call centre and one morning, a poo had appeared overnight in a xmas nativity display.

Seriously.

AnneSpelledWithAnE Sat 05-Jan-13 00:35:52

Yuck. Where I work I have found luminous orange piss all over the seat, walls and down the loo with lots of toilet paper, menstrual blood dripping down the cubicle doors, the WORST skid marks known to woman, used sanitary towels stuck on the walls and used tampons piled up in the sink.

Some people :/ I just cannot.

SantasENormaSnob Sat 05-Jan-13 00:36:25

Paella, was it mr hanky?

cynner Sat 05-Jan-13 00:37:47

I was beside myself, Just..
The smearing of feces or other waste is often a sign of mental illness..

CheshireDing Sat 05-Jan-13 00:37:55

Why the hell would that "person" waste their time smearing blood on the wall Gryf ??!! WTF.

You see BAFFLED.

Why are these people never caught in the act?

PFB has just had exploder-poo in her pj's, her bedroom now stinks sad

PaellaUmbrella Sat 05-Jan-13 00:38:12

Also, my parents used to take in foreign exchange students and one lovely young lady preferred to throw her used tampons out into their garden rather than flush them away.

CheshireDing Sat 05-Jan-13 00:39:55

Bet Baby Jesus wasn't best pleased Paella

Feelingood Sat 05-Jan-13 00:39:55

Dat der be sum fucked up shit y'll

Ericaequites Sat 05-Jan-13 00:41:12

It's completely unacceptable to leave a poo in a shower stall. However, taking a big one in the toilet, flushing, and leaving an unpleasant smell behind is excusable. No one's turds smell like cinnamon buns.

HazeltheMcWitch Sat 05-Jan-13 00:41:45

Agree that we need dump-dumper posters to come on over and explain themselves. Or maybe a psychologist? Do you think it's some kind of territory-marking?

I used to work in a supermarket, that had customer toilets at the front. Quite often it would seem that a dirty protest had taken place. Someone one used a shit to write 'SHIT' on the wall.

Numberlock Sat 05-Jan-13 00:44:43

Christ, where do you work Anne?

Gryffindor Sat 05-Jan-13 00:45:38

Just remembered another one. My friend used to work in a sunbed shop and on more than one occasion people would piss in the bins in the cubicles. Apparently the volume of liquid was huge (presumably people were desperate??) and this happened despite the fact that the shop had a toilet for customer use!

Celticlassie Sat 05-Jan-13 00:48:11

Apparently it's quite common in schools. I heard about a school where a teacher found one in a filing cabinet. Have never experienced such a thing myself, thank God.

rhondajean Brazil Sat 05-Jan-13 00:48:43

Yes Eric's but to pay five pounds once a week to come into a gym where you don't use the gym equipment, just go and sit and strain (noises) and stink the whole place out?

Bizarre.

WeAreEternal Sat 05-Jan-13 01:03:52

I have always wondered what makes people dedicate in public places.

When I was a teen a had a Saturday job in a large Debenhams, it was disturbing how often people would use the changing rooms as public toilets, we even had a special cleaner that was spacifically employed to deal with 'body waste'.

But by far the worst I have ever known was while at uni I had a friend who had a housemate who urinated in plastic bottles and cups in her room, she also pooed into plastic boxes, bags and cardboard boxes. And just left them littered around the room.
The weird thing was that she seemed totally normal, she was friendly and dressed nicely, if you didn't know her secret you wouldn't think she was strange at all.
Her room was always a mess, she had lots of rubbish (I mean bags piled in the corner of the room) and it smelled really bad.
She also didn't seem to shower very often or do much washing.
There was no reason that anyone could tell for her strange behavour (there were 6 living together) and the bathroom was right down the hall from her, so no logical reason for it.
They only discovered her secret when there was a problem with the central heating and the landlord told them that they had to switch all of the radiators completely off, but the housemate had gone home for the week so they had to go into her room, and they found her weird collection.
There were two more occasions when someone had to go into her room (months apart) and both times it was just as bad if not worse. By the summer the smell was so bad you could smell from the next room when she had opened her door.
It is the strangest thing I have ever hear of.

CarpeNoctem Sat 05-Jan-13 01:36:30

WeAreEternal I knew of a situation like that, except the girl in question was a friend of mine I knew from school. We went off to different universities, and this is when the poo/pee incidents happened. She had a depressive episode that went untreated for ages and she developed psychotic delusions as part of the illness. She was scared to leave her room, believing that the other flatmates were going to hurt her. Maybe the girl in your story had a similar experience?

Most of these are gross though.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Sat 05-Jan-13 02:01:30

My schoolfriends brother, laid a log on the chair in the classroom, because teacher wouldnt let him go to the toilet.

Catchingmockingbirds Sat 05-Jan-13 03:05:28

I found a used tampon on the floor of a bus once... I mean seriously, the bus! Someone changed their tampon on a bus! shock

JustAHolyFool Sat 05-Jan-13 03:08:54

WeAreEternal the girl you're doing about must be a bit of a different thing though. Some sort of anxiety/hoarding issue.

JustAHolyFool Sat 05-Jan-13 03:10:38

doing about? talking about, I mean!

See here for an epic punk tampon tale, one which has always stuck in my mind.

ErikNorseman Sat 05-Jan-13 07:44:41

I've worked with many a teenage boy who hoards pee in their bedroom in receptacles. Never poo though. I'm not entirely sure why they do it but I suspect it's linked to sexual abuse and/or neglect during the early years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now