Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Omg ive just looked up from mning and seen what dh is looking up on the internet.

(67 Posts)
EleanorCuntBucket Fri 04-Jan-13 21:14:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 04-Jan-13 22:05:57

Ds is 6 weeks, is it too early for Lego? My Dad and i have great plans for bluetooth controlled robots...

VictoriaPlum01 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:07:32

Embrace the kidult - you know you want to wink My DH looked up how to modify his Nerf gun to make it quick-reload. He has three Nerf guns. We have 2 DDs. He makes the eldest go and collect the foam pellets once he's fired them. He's 40 this year hmm

Startail Fri 04-Jan-13 22:08:42

The huge kinex ball machine kit was bought before DD1 was conceived.

BitBewildered Fri 04-Jan-13 22:10:43

My DH and DFiL spent the whole of Christmas morning setting up DS's Brio train set. DS is 22mo and was busy with the Play Doh.

Usually DH usually collects gardening stuff and bits of electronic gadgets - the insides of computers, wires and tiny, tiny screws.

I seem to acquire stationery, books and kitchen utensils.

My children have rather more Lego than I had as a child, so you can guess what I wanted when I was younger.

DS1 and I have spent quite a few hours building an Airfix spitfire too. blush

spoonsspoonsspoons Fri 04-Jan-13 22:23:14

My lego train has doors, working headlights and interior cabin lights grin

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Fri 04-Jan-13 22:23:14

I wish my FIL had played with DS's xmas present before DS opened it and then had to wait weeks well, we're still waiting to see it put together, while DD merrily played with her incredibly easy noisy flashy toy which DS, understandably, tried to pinch

TeamSledward Fri 04-Jan-13 22:27:34

The geeks shall inherit the Earth...

Sod the men doing it, my MumBoss and I spent nearly an hour on Wednesday trying to make an awesome brio train track, my 2yo charge wandered off and got half her clothes out of the drawer upstairs before we'd even realised she was gone blush

HollaAtMeBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 22:41:11

He needs to google for instructions on how to build a station out of Lego? hmm

Do you have/can you borrow a small child to help him with that? grin or is there some technical aspect that I'm missing? confused

PandaOnAPushBike Fri 04-Jan-13 22:50:08

Could be worse. Mine is looking at crime scene photos from serial killer cases.

<backs out of the room slowly>

Winterwalk Fri 04-Jan-13 22:54:18

At least Lego shows some imagination! DH is currently furiously trying to beat DD's highest score on her Bop It that he was so keen to buy her for Christmas! hmm

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Fri 04-Jan-13 23:02:27

Ive spent the last few days putting together a lego monster castle for my 9yo dd, it was great funsmile
Lego is great fun

Anniegetyourgun Fri 04-Jan-13 23:04:04

Like the wise one said: Getting old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Fri 04-Jan-13 23:04:38

I love Lego, they all get sets beyond their years so they need help blush

I sit and play with play dough long after my son has gone to bed and make things of them.

I then send the pictures of what I've made to my 18 year old brother who sends pictures back of what hes made put of dads power tack [blush&#55357;&#56851;]

I cannot wait for the Lego stage, DS is 3 and got lots of duplo for birthday/Christmas. Even that is about addictive, earlier i had to stop myself wishing he would go away and play with something else, so i could build a house in peace blush

DH bought DS a Lego advent calendar this year.

DS is 7 months old.

They opened it 'together' every night!

2kidsintow Fri 04-Jan-13 23:17:49

I got mine Mindstorm Lego for his birthday last year (at a bargain compared to this year's prices, thankfully)

He went online and found out how to build, and then did build, a rubix cube solver machine that impressed even me.

TameGaloot Fri 04-Jan-13 23:54:59

Op Are you my sil?

Silly daddy
I'm wicked at the lego games (we have them all). Ds got lotr for Christmas. Almost finished it when ds3 reset the lot. What a pity now I gave to spend hours more...

Tame I'm just about to tackle helm's deep grin

Oh and none of the Lego games are for my dc. They all belong to me grin

2anddone Sat 05-Jan-13 08:16:05

Dh spent most of boxing day sulking as ds announced he would like to build his own Lego this year and would tell him if he needed help!! Think that's because last year poor ds was allowed to help build the Lego Santa brought him by passing pieces to dh! hmm

MadderHat Sat 05-Jan-13 08:25:00

I agree with Holla - who needs instructions to build a station? hmm

(The lego in this house is MINE, the children are still on duplo)

SPsFanjo - you need Fimo!

MrsGeologist Sat 05-Jan-13 08:26:32

I may have ask for, and received, Lego Hogwarts for my 21st birthday.

Pre-DC.

Lego is fucking brilliant.

Eleanor, my DH mostly watches minecraft videos, so it could be worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now