Omg ive just looked up from mning and seen what dh is looking up on the internet.

(67 Posts)
EleanorCuntBucket Fri 04-Jan-13 21:14:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JamieandtheMagiTorch Fri 04-Jan-13 21:16:45

Oh that's totally par for the course here. Lego, hornby. All "for DS1" but actually just as much for DH. Love them both for it really.

bluebiscuit Fri 04-Jan-13 21:20:03

My dh is playing with our 6yo ds's Christmas present at the moment. Ds is in bed.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Fri 04-Jan-13 21:20:43

Is that not normal then?

[gives lego obsessed dh a sideways look]

fuckadoodlepoopoo Fri 04-Jan-13 21:21:21

. . . Didn't know you could add doors!

StanleyLambchop Fri 04-Jan-13 21:21:31

I will confess to enjoying a game of Brio trains. blush

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Fri 04-Jan-13 21:22:35

Please post link if he discovers how to add doors

Pascha Fri 04-Jan-13 21:23:47

DH is currently sitting cross-legged on the floor sorting his Short Circuit magazines from 20 years ago into date order hmm Yesterday he brought home all his old Transformers and Ghostbusters and He-Man magazines from his mums house and did the same.

I have chocolate. I'm happy.

LegoAcupuncture Fri 04-Jan-13 21:25:35

<shoves ds3's colouring book and crayons under settee>

Get him to look up building the Simpsons out of Lego, they are so easy to make and will impress loads of people.

cozietoesie Fri 04-Jan-13 21:25:55

I remember going to Hamley's basement many moons ago at Xmas time and seeing all the Dads playing with the train sets and bored kids standing around watching them. (Bored because they'd been there for hours while their dads 'tested' the toys.)

You're stuck with it I'm afraid. Have you considered a big garden shed for him?

smile

JamieandtheMagiTorch Fri 04-Jan-13 21:26:27

DH is currently playing Lego LOTR on the Wii

JamieandtheMagiTorch Fri 04-Jan-13 21:27:13

My "walk in wardrobe" somehow morphed into a train room.....

TandB Fri 04-Jan-13 21:27:21

I love lego. Looking forward to the transition from Brio to the proper stuff.

I also have a little box, tucked away in a chest full of old stuff, containing three pippa dolls and whole pile of intricate clothes that I made for them as a child - yes, I was a sewing geek! Sometimes I consider getting them out and having a bit of a play... blush

Foggles Fri 04-Jan-13 21:27:51

You should try living in the middle of a Warhammer battle site sad

<I always record million pound drop so I can fast forward through annoying ads. and Davina's odd facial expressions>

Pascha Fri 04-Jan-13 21:28:42

DH has just found his grass mini on the front of one of the magazines. That one is now in its own special pile...

StanleyLambchop Fri 04-Jan-13 21:38:01

Kungfu- Pippa Dolls !! I'm so envy

<glances at Xbox games>

Erm, I have Lego batman, Lego batman 2, Lego lotr, Lego star wars...

Attackofthefiftyfootwoman Fri 04-Jan-13 21:46:42

I take it you have kids...

MammaTJ Fri 04-Jan-13 21:46:45

My DP at least hides his lego obsession with buying DS age 6 complex lego kits and the 'making it for him'. Perfect.

LTB!!! grin

wonkylegs Fri 04-Jan-13 21:47:34

I just skipped the pretence and bought DH Star wars Lego for his birthday & Xmas. He bought me Architect Lego (I also got architect barbie) last year and DS got Lego fire station to add to the mounting collection.

We have more Lego in the house than food, and DH bought a couple of Lego Millennium Falcons as an 'investment' a few years ago.... I thought he was insane, but he's actually been proved right hmm (bought for £300each, currently sell for £2k on eBay shock )

He calls his collection 'The Legocy', as that's all there'll be for DS to inherit...

NewYearNewNagoo Fri 04-Jan-13 21:51:26

grin @ legocy.

I've been feeding the playmobile horses hay with a pitchfork this evening.

The toys are soooo much better than in my day [old gimmer smiley]

Ooh you can do that with lego now??

Anyone want to send me their spare lego?

I so want this and this for me DS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now