To think that shaving your arms is weird?

(70 Posts)
WhySoSirius Fri 04-Jan-13 19:52:33

Unless you have horrendous, hairy man-beast monster arms in which case it's probably advisable to do so in order to avoid the villagers getting out their pitchforks and torches.

A girl at work was showing me something on my PC today and I couldn't drag my eyes away from her babies-bottom smooth arms (clearly paying a lot of attention to her instructions)

AIBU?

LouisWalshsChristmasCloset Fri 04-Jan-13 19:56:39

yanbu although iv'e known a few people to do this who don't have the arms of teen wolf but hey ho.

LST Fri 04-Jan-13 20:02:07

I do. I don't think I'm weirdgrin

EuroShagmore Fri 04-Jan-13 20:02:30

I immac mine. Used to wax but I developed a wax allergy a few years ago. They weren't quite teen wolf hairy but enough to make me uncomfortable. I actually prefer them with about a month of regrowth. At that point they look "normal". But about a week after that they start to look noticeably hairy and need doing again. I'm planning on getting them lasered off soon.

somedayma Fri 04-Jan-13 20:03:42

I veet mine when the mood takes me. I'm not bothered by the hair when the mood doesn't take me

Iamsparklyknickers Fri 04-Jan-13 20:09:57

I am a hairy man-beast monster sad - very pale skin, very dark hair. It looks good on my head but in could do without the rest of it tbh - I had a tache when I was a kid!

I used to remove the hair, but my skin is pale enough (without a tan) that you can see the regrowth before it comes through the skin iykwim, I bleach it now. Still more hair than I would like, but at least my arm looks feminine next to dp's now!

HollyBerryBush Fri 04-Jan-13 20:12:54

It's just another one of those fashion things - I see it a lot in late teens/early 20's - bit like that odd mono-brow thing thats going on at the moment.

Teeb Fri 04-Jan-13 20:13:25

I've always shaved my arms, I see it as being no different to doing my legs.

I do. Same prob as Sparklyknickers.

The problem is not with the women who do it, but a society that prizes the hairless, infantilised look.

OldMacEIEIO Fri 04-Jan-13 20:17:26

Guns.
The right to bare arms is a big thing over in the USA but I hope it doesnt catch on over here

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 04-Jan-13 20:17:46

I do it, started when I was 13 because everyone else was- and now the hair grows back dark instead of the blonde it was so I have to do it now

soontobeburns Fri 04-Jan-13 20:19:07

YADNBU but I have bleached my arm hairbefore.

CloudsAndTrees Fri 04-Jan-13 20:19:07

I was mine before holidays and in the summer. Lots of people do it. No weirder than shaving legs.

soontobeburns Fri 04-Jan-13 20:19:39

Haha clouds to the second x-post.

The right to bare arms is a big thing over in the USA but I hope it doesnt catch on over here

grin

Binkybix Fri 04-Jan-13 20:22:13

I can understand wanting hair free arms but if I were to do it I'd wax. People expect stubble on legs, but not arms I would have thought.

So don't do it then <shrugs>

I like the feel of shaved arms, feels really nice, especially if you are wearing something with silky sleeves.

MyNameIsSuz Fri 04-Jan-13 20:26:00

Another one here with dark arm hair, I veet mine... The hair takes months to properly grow back and i get a good few months of less visible, baby-fine regrowth while it does. I can't be the only one who does this???

FrazzleRock Fri 04-Jan-13 20:29:30

YABU to think they're weird to shave it.
Waxing on the other hand..... My arm hair doesn't seem to stop growing so I have to wax it off else I'd have to tie it back in bunches.

Shaving? <shudder> Think of the itchy re-growth!

FrazzleRock Fri 04-Jan-13 20:30:24

"YANBU to think they're weird to shave it"

FFS.

gordyslovesheep Fri 04-Jan-13 20:30:49

I look like a monkey lady - but I draw the line at waxing my arms - life is WAAAYYYYYYY too short to worry about silly things like arm hair

Cutiecat Fri 04-Jan-13 20:33:38

Gosh I have always hated my hairy arms and never thought to remove the hair. I might well wax it off tonight. Where will it all stop?

Misty9 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:02:41

I don't know about weird - but dh was peering over my shoulder and thought the thread was about shaving your anus grin

I think people who shave their underarms and legs are kind of weird too, but I bet you don't. Yet it's the same thing!

else I'd have to tie it back in bunches

Sorry this made me giggle grin the image!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now