To be a traditional sahm ??

(864 Posts)
ProudMum4Eva Wed 02-Jan-13 22:16:39

I personal have never been flamed for my choice in life, however I see many people who continuously get some sort of insult for their life choices. So here I thought I would share all for the first time.
I am 34 years old I got married at 18 straight from college. I am happily married with five wonderful children who I adore and do everything for. I have NEVER worked (outside the family home) my DH has always worked. He works traditional hours leaves about 8:10 mon-fri and is home for around 5:30. I do everything in the home cleaning, cooking, bathing the younger children, ironing and so on. I dote on my children and my husband. I love it they do not need to help me in the house I look after them and that is what I am good at.

Amothersruin Sat 05-Jan-13 23:06:38

Is mother a dirty word then?hmm

janey68 Sat 05-Jan-13 23:08:02

<<. Anyone else thinking: back to work on Monday and rational conversation rather than the mad ranting on mumsnet. >>. grin

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 05-Jan-13 23:16:50

If SAH is prostitution, I am paying DH waaaay too much. He does feck all around the house and if I work out the cost per shag I bet I could swap a years worth for one go on Eric northman....

sunshine401 Sat 05-Jan-13 23:18:30

maybe if you got off your arse and into the real world you'd be able to hold a discussion

no bitchiness there is there hmm

Do not take it to heart any SAHM it is really is not worth it. smile

chandellina Sat 05-Jan-13 23:29:43

Wohms might qualify as slaves and prostitutes as well. Most of us are subsidised by higher earners.

Chandellina - especially those women who work the same hours as their OH and are still expected to do all the domestic work and childcare!

chandellina Sat 05-Jan-13 23:34:21

Women get the short end of the stick, fact.

allnewtaketwo Sun 06-Jan-13 14:13:33

So if the woman is the higher earner does the husband qualify as a prostitute?

I think he would be a gigolo.

catgirl1976geesealaying Sun 06-Jan-13 15:01:55

I must inform DH of his new title grin

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 06-Jan-13 15:03:45

God the wine went to my head last night blush

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 15:21:33

Not entirely sure what the point is op. Just to say your dc are growing up and it be beneficial to them to know how to work the washing machine/ cook a meal/ see you have your own interests and them come second for once.

I assume you have interesting outside interests and hobbies that don't involve your dc and you and your dh can chat about or do together as you might feel a bit lonely when they push off to uni or traveling or whatever and don't want to spend summer hols with you or Christmas for that matter. They might have other

I hope mine do, I fancy a bit of back packing when mine go and they will have to be able to look after themselves. I don't want them panicking because the ironing fairy has gone walkabout. Me and dh talk about our big trip a lotsmile

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 15:22:32

Other plans!!

Avuncular Mon 07-Jan-13 18:31:28

Well .... if that was only a bunfight, what does a catfight look like ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now