To sneak an extra child into centre parks ??

(88 Posts)
catfourfeet Tue 01-Jan-13 11:55:23

Hi
Posting on behalf of a friend (she can't easily get to Internet ATM )

She's booked a centre parks holiday in a lodge that sleeps 4.

Posting on behalf of a friend , shes in the back of beyond , no internet.

She's booked a holiday at centre parks.

Her exdh agreed to take their sn dd leaving her to take their 3ds.

All good , mum gets a break, dd gets to spend time with her dad ( at the dd request)

Based on the fact that she would have 3 dc with her she booked accommodation for 4 in total.

Now exdh has refused to take dd ( don't know all the details ) and has buffered off with new gf.

She is due to leave tomorrow for two nights.

Dd won't / can't stay with anyone but mum or dad due to sn issues.

It's too late to change the booking , no bigger lodges free anyway. Even if she could afford it.

Do you think she can get away with sneaking 4 kids plus her into accommodation for 4 ???

What about going into the pool ??

Thanks in advance

Findingmyself Fri 04-Jan-13 23:53:33

So glad it worked out well and that they all had a nice holiday!

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Fri 04-Jan-13 23:29:45

When I was a kid we used to sneak my brother in & he slept on sofa without any probs, he'd be about 10. Mum & dad just hid him under a blanket in rear footwellsmile

catfourfeet Fri 04-Jan-13 23:23:40

Well it put her mind at rest, cp went missing out financilsyy , and if some one at my church can have enough heart to give ME a gift then it made it easy to help her out. No biggie , what goes around cones around and all that

Damash12 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:23:06

Hi glad you got in and had a good time after it nearly being ruined be the numpty of an ex! I have a friend who always lists daughter as 2 so she gets in free. Can't see how much longer she'll get away with that one as she's soon 5 but come on CP get there money's worth and you pay for the villa not £pp.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 04-Jan-13 23:13:36

Really nice thing for you to pay for the extra child

TheSecondComing Fri 04-Jan-13 23:03:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catfourfeet Fri 04-Jan-13 23:01:05

.....lLodge untill 2am , so the head count would be off anyway

It was wrong to bring an extra child in but cp didn't miss out financially and in reality fire safety wasn't , in the real sense if the word, compromised

Ps they all had a fab time , so her exdh can just go f* himself

catfourfeet Fri 04-Jan-13 22:57:12

Quick update

Registered at front gate no problem. Just waved through with 4 kids and the three day passes for "extra" child were registered on system.

No checks after that.

Not completely "honest" but cp had the same amount per head from all 5 as they would have had from just 4 iyswim.

As far as fire safety goes anyone can just go off site at any time so cp only have a rough idea of occupancy anyway.

And you could all be "official guests" and one of your party could fall asleep in a friends l

ProudAS Fri 04-Jan-13 07:04:18

Did it work out Cat?

Nuttyprofessor Fri 04-Jan-13 01:14:51

I have worked in a holiday park with lodges. The reason you cannot allow over occupancy is fire safety regulations.

arrrghhhhwaiting Thu 03-Jan-13 10:06:35

The wristbands are a new thing, instead of keys, they operate your front door and the swimming lockers. They only gave us 2 for a group of 4 anyway. For a fiver deposit you can ask for more.

OBface Thu 03-Jan-13 08:49:41

I've done this. My dd was two just three weeks before and therefore would have been counted as an extra person needing her own room and pushing the price up £200.

We had no problems, this was Oct 12.

theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 03-Jan-13 08:44:04

Exactly ff, how ridiculous that this selfish a**hole can spoil the poor DCs holiday like this.
OP hope "your friends" get the extra person in and it works out ok. CP makes their money on what you spend inside the park as well as accomodation so I don't have a huge amount of moral angst about what you planned to do.

Hulababy Thu 03-Jan-13 08:40:40

Never been counted in or out, and never had a wristband for swimming, etc.

Have been on a day pass and no checks to see if we'd left.

festivelyfocussed Thu 03-Jan-13 08:36:06

What power this XP has. He welches on an arrangement with his dd and we have the mother, her friend and a group of MNErs wrestling with how to break the law rather than dealing with the man that caused the problem.
I don't rally have any strong feelings about the morality of the CP entry issue but it sounds like it has the potential to be v. Stressful.
This man needs to be reminded of his paternal responsibilities and stop fucking about with people's plans so he can do the same with his GF. Ffs!

Lovesabadboy Thu 03-Jan-13 00:20:52

We were told about a friend of a friend who took their gerbil to CP in a cage.
They were charged £55.00 at the gate for it!!! shock

Because of this, I am not surprised that they examine the car with a fine-toothed comb and will charge for any extra breathing creature they find! grin

perceptionInaPearTree Wed 02-Jan-13 21:11:29

When I went to Center Parcs, nobody counted how many of us there were in the car and we were not given bracelets for swimming either..........this was Whinfell Forrest.

complexnumber Wed 02-Jan-13 20:56:38

I think you are definitely being unreasonable.

I think the fact that you have posted on here suggests that you know that already.

Why do you deserve a freebie?

CP's are not cheap, and I have noticed that thigs can get crowded at times, maybe it's because families like you are trying to slip a small one by.

It's the same as condoning shoplifting.

lunar1 Wed 02-Jan-13 20:13:45

hope it went ok

juneybean Wed 02-Jan-13 01:02:37

Special thingies at Christmas and New Year I think

Badgersnatch Tue 01-Jan-13 22:34:14

I thought CPs was midweek (4 nights mon-fri) or weekend (fri-mon). Never heard of Weds-Fri.

myBOYSareBONKERS Tue 01-Jan-13 22:16:04

if your going for the day couldn't you stay over in the lodge too? Take sleeping bags etc

Pictureperfect Tue 01-Jan-13 22:01:09

I know the CP spa has a disabled rate that they don't publicise, the carer goes in for free, I'm wondering if it applies to other aspects of CP

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 01-Jan-13 16:18:39

Houseelf there is no way insurance would cover this as it's been brought about by the ex's actions.

Catfour you sound like a lovely friend.

Findingmyself Tue 01-Jan-13 14:45:58

I would go for it; buy the day passes and then go with the plan of your friend leaving her eldest on site alone and then collecting the extra child. We have just been to CP and I spent two of the 3 nights sleeping on the sofa due to DH's snoring! It was fine; very comfy. I would just take an extra duvet and pillow along.

Hope they all have a lovely time! I'm very jealous, CP is our favourite place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now