Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be hurt that OH has gone out partying without telling me?

(27 Posts)
NotAChocolateRaisin Tue 01-Jan-13 00:39:43

I have had to work throughout new years (24 hours for the last four days plus tomorrow) in London, 200 miles from home.
OH didn't pick up phone earlier (v. unusual as we always talk around 11 before bed) and had said earlier that he was just staying in for New Years. (we live together)
Have just gone on Facebook and seen that he is actually having a massive piss up with his mate and a group which will undoubtably include his ex in a city about 30 miles from where we live. He will definitely be sleeping away from home.

Now, I really don't have a problem with him going out (and he certainly doesn't need to tell me) but he lied and the ex thing is knowing at me sad

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe France Tue 01-Jan-13 12:52:55

OP... Sorry you're feeling like this but to clarify, a person cannot be 'stolen' from their partner, they just can't. If they're happy with their partner they don't want to be with anybody else.

If you think it wasn't as last minute as all that, do you think that the plans may not have been 'set in stone', just the idea of them in place? At least the dog was catered for, not left.

You sound miserable that you had to work, I understand that. Make arrangements to go for a night out with your partner when you have time off.

CooEeeEldridge Tue 01-Jan-13 13:03:03

I think it could be last minute. I would definitely not see arranging dog to go somewhere and driving for an hour as a big deal. It may be that he knew of friends plans but wasn't going and then had an 'ah f it, I'm going' moment. I've definitely done it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now