To fire my nanny?

(75 Posts)
AnneNonimousLetterToSanta Mon 31-Dec-12 16:32:56

I am a widower, and a single father to 7 children. Since my wife died I have employed various nannies to help me handle this responsibility. They never seem to last long...

My current nanny has been dressing my children up in rags, answering back, and teaching them god awful songs to sing to my new gorgeous girlfriend. She has also been hiding my eldest DD's love affair with a racist boy from me.

WIBU to send her back to the convent we got her from?

TIA

Captain

FeistyLass Mon 31-Dec-12 19:19:42

YANBU, do you know how she treats dog bites and bee stings?! I don't think she's qualified at all.

everlong Mon 31-Dec-12 19:21:58

Cool grin

Gillyweed001 Mon 31-Dec-12 20:57:39

How do you solve a problem like......um this?

YABU. She just needs a Plummer to sort out her pipe work grin

ThePinkOcelot Mon 31-Dec-12 21:03:42

Sack her, and hire the government nanny, Nanny McPhee!

moajab Mon 31-Dec-12 22:34:30

Hmmm I think you have a real problem here. And that you may end up marrying her by the end of the film very soon. But the Nazis are very bad. And can i come to your party please?

SarahWarahWoo Mon 31-Dec-12 22:39:30

Write a screen play about this, you never know?!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 31-Dec-12 22:43:12

Really sarah don't you think people might see this as a little far fetched for a film?? Where's the realism?

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Mon 31-Dec-12 23:41:29

grin

apostropheuse Mon 31-Dec-12 23:46:57

OP you sound like...

ray a drop of golden sun

Not

TheHoneyDragonsDrunkInTheIvy Mon 31-Dec-12 23:52:42

UANBU

My Nanny drugs my children with medicine, or bribes them with sugar. She takes the children out all night with her whilst she sees her boyfriend too. Who is a filthy common chimney sweep. and he's an American, don't know who he thinks he's kidding with that cockney accent.

YouOldTinsellySlag Tue 01-Jan-13 00:15:46

Invite Mary Poppins round. Make them have a fight. Whoever wins gets the job. No using guitars or umbrellas as weapons.

Call me suspicious, but I think Mary Poppins moonlights as a nun-nanny anyway...they look kind of similar...hmm

BlackAffronted Tue 01-Jan-13 07:44:27

She sounds like a flibbertigibbet, a will-o'-the-wisp, a clown!

Badgersnatch Tue 01-Jan-13 09:22:11

I've heard that she's into co-sleeping too.

sherazade Tue 01-Jan-13 09:28:05

love them captain, please love them, they want to be loved <swoons>

flamingtoaster Tue 01-Jan-13 09:48:17

Personally I would be most concerned about her filling young minds with ideas about The Lonely Goatherd and finding a partner by yodelling. I realize yodelling is not illegal - but really - just anyone could yodel back! No mention of marriage either before they lived happily ever after - definitely not suitable for young minds.

Delalakis Tue 01-Jan-13 09:55:50

Yes, boot her and have me. I've seen the pictures of you, I'm absolutely certain we'd get on.

weegiemum Tue 01-Jan-13 11:12:31

I'd be concerned about the children's diet. Not sure schnitzel with noodles is a balanced diet?

Well, there is tea, jam and bread on offer as well.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 01-Jan-13 15:10:22

I've heard that she plies children with drugs by hiding it in a spoon of sugar..

No...wait...that's a different nanny...

cocoachannel Tue 01-Jan-13 15:29:36

There is always that delightful little thing called boarding school.

flow4 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:41:15

SEVEN children? Your poor dead wife. I hope she had access to appropriate contraception and perinatal care. Are maternal mortality rates high the Austrian Alps?

Really, if that nanny is getting ideas about you, she needs to be Warned.

Iactuallydothinkso Tue 01-Jan-13 15:51:07

Please sack the governess.

She doesn't love you. She loves God really.

I, on the other hand would most definitely respond to your whistle and you could make my hills come alive!

Exit stage right *goes off whistling and wishing every line I had to offer wasn't quite so stupid and corny....

CaptChaos Tue 01-Jan-13 16:05:23

YABU

After all, you could climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow and still not find your dream

Nanny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now