to be annoyed that all the swimming pools are closed today

(29 Posts)
oldpeculiar Mon 31-Dec-12 13:23:25

the council ones anyway.It's school holidays and a working day, yet all 5 pools run bu our borough council are closed all day.3 or them are closed for the entire period from 24th December to 1st January inclusive.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 31-Dec-12 23:16:20

Why would the staff need more pay today? It's a regular working day not a bank holiday.

emsyj Tue 01-Jan-13 00:04:53

"yanbu as long as you don't might paying double so that the staff get more pay"

New year's eve is a normal office hours working day... I am off today because I booked it as a day's holiday, but the office is open and other people are working. I wouldn't be getting extra pay to be there today.

confused

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the pools and leisure centres should be open on Christmas day for a festive dip or at midnight on new year so that folk can sup champagne whilst on the treadmill - just expressing surprise and disappointment that they are closed on days that are normal working days for other people.

TidyDancer Tue 01-Jan-13 00:08:21

My gym and pool were closed today. I don't think many people would've gone anyway, so I don't think it's a huge deal.

LynetteScavo Tue 01-Jan-13 00:32:44

If you were going to close for a week to do repairs etc, it would be this week.

Some people will be annoyed, but less people than if you chose another week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now