Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think the rubix cube is impossible to solve.

(57 Posts)
McNewPants2013 Sun 30-Dec-12 20:30:18

I have been trying for weeks since my birthday on 14th December.

It just can't be solved

nightowlmostly Mon 31-Dec-12 13:33:13

My dad taught me how when I was a kid, there's a set of moves that will do it every time. First the corners, then the edges. It was really easy to do when you knew how, obviously! Can't remember it now though...

DandyDan Mon 31-Dec-12 16:14:10

I can do it - I learned the method thirty-odd years ago and never forgot. And have now passed it on to my kids.

Yes, remove stickers and basically cheat grin

thegreylady Mon 31-Dec-12 16:23:39

My ds can do it really quickly and so can dgs whereas I never managed more than one face.Mind you I cant get solitaire [the one with marbles] out either and I cant do a jigsaw with more than 100 pieces blush

Dawndonna Mon 31-Dec-12 17:15:16

dd1 can do it in 45 seconds.
She raised a fortune for charity doing it in school assembly. They all bet on her time, teachers too. She got just over £400.00.

5Foot5 Mon 31-Dec-12 17:30:21

I learnt how to do it dead quick when they were first out in the 80s but this was by following one of the printed solutions. I never actually "solved" it for myself IYSWIM

TandB Mon 31-Dec-12 17:33:08

I've never even got a single side done. I just don't understand it.

There was a puzzle called the dragon lock about 20 years ago and it was supposed to be fiendishly difficult but I could do that one. I suppose it is just about how your brain works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now