To dare you to tell me how much weight you've put on!?

(160 Posts)

10lbs and it's not even new year yet!!!

TheProvincialLady Sat 29-Dec-12 13:17:56

I lost 2lbs. All that rich food starts to get on my nerves after a while and I end up craving soup and salad. This year I didn't drink much alcohol either, as was at the in-laws where they chill the red and warm the white, and it's all Blue Nun anyway, bless em.

ArseNDamnation Sat 29-Dec-12 13:18:06

Havent wrighed myself but I reckn about 5lbs. It'll come off in the next few weeks no bother though.

fanoftheinvisiblebigredman Sat 29-Dec-12 13:24:35

Trust me Catgirl I would rather have put on 3 stone. I started with this on 15th dec and still feel hideous. I have no energy,my chest is shocking - coughing up thick mank and blood, and awful pains in my ribs, sinuses and teeth. My bones have finally stopped hurting though!

I'd seriously love to be fat but healthy because at the moment I feel like I will never feel well again and my house needs fumigating!

FunnysInLaJardin Sat 29-Dec-12 13:26:09

about half a pound. But I do need to lose 2 stone so not feeling too self congratulatory grin

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 13:26:26

sad ok don't lick me fan

That sounds awful thanks

6lbs since the start of December! I was at my top comfortable weight before Christmas so I have rejoined ww online as of yesterday as I hate looking fat and actually felt a bit depressed about it over Christmas.

For me (and I am aware that it is my choice all of this) it isn't just the one day though, it is:

2 Work night's out (3 course dinner and drinks)
1 Christmas night out with friends with nibbles and drinks.
3 Christmas lunches with work and with clients.
Christmas Eve lunch at the pub.
Christmas Day with all the trimmings.
Boxing Day party.

Mince pies constantly on offer at work.
Wine and baileys whilst wrapping presents, writing Christmas cards.

To top it all off;

very little exercise as running around doing Christmas shopping in lunch hour, after work, watching children in Church services, school services so very little time for a swim or a trip to the gym.

I am going to lose a stone in the early part of the year. .....thank goodness it is nearly all over. I swear I am turning into the grinch my mother about Christmas.

Ilovesunflowers Sat 29-Dec-12 13:29:55

I've put on 2lb. Haven't restricted what I've eaten at all so it could be a lot worse! I dont really drink though which is where a lot of people pile on the lbs.

I don't dare look. I binned my scales years back. I know I was a size 10 5 years ago (while BF dd) and am now a 16/18.

Also know I need to do something about it. It didn't bother me when I was a 14, as I'm 5 ft 8, but now its getting ridiculous and ruining my life with dp (who preferred the skinny me if he's honest, which he hasn't said directly but its obvious in other ways)

Latara Sat 29-Dec-12 13:34:43

Only half a pound (0.5lb) since Xmas Eve, yes!!

EuroShagmore Sat 29-Dec-12 13:35:35

I've put 1lb on over Xmas (but I am still 1/2 a stone over where I would like to be). I started on the exercise yesterday as I was just feeling so bleugh.

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 13:41:22

I have to ask, how the hell does anyone put on over a stone?
I'm no nutritionist but aren't there about 3000 calories in a pound? Allowing for extra alcohol, pringles and Cadbury's Roses that's a lot of calories. Surely there's some miscalculating going on?

Calabria Sat 29-Dec-12 13:43:19

Weighed at Slimming World yesterday. Gained one pound since the Friday before. Very happy with that smile

I have had a cold for three weeks and didn't feel like drinking much alcohol which has undoubtedly helped.

Mrsrudolphduvall Sat 29-Dec-12 13:47:30

A couple of pounds .
I've been to the gym a couple of times this week, and am going later today.

Am sick of this weather.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 29-Dec-12 13:49:45

Far to much!! Can see it in my face, it's horrible!! Clothes feel so much tighter sad

Done the 5:2 diet for a while in October and it worked so will be back on it in January.

Nothing, but I have fancy body fat weighing scales and my fat % is going up and up ... I can't exercise due to frozen shoulder, currently have a cold, and as usual we've come back from the in-laws with loads of crap chocolate. Ugh.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 29-Dec-12 13:54:37

7lb - actually I'm a amazed it isn't more considering the amount I have eaten and the lack of exercise. Usually in the holidays I do loads of walking but it's been so wet even the dogs don't want to go out.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 29-Dec-12 13:55:30

2lb... need to lose them by monday... hmmmmm

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 13:58:19

If you only eat lean protein between now and Monday never they will be gone

Although you will be sad sad

scripsi Sat 29-Dec-12 13:59:07

Catgirl I am sure my DCs would be happy to oblige. I've gained a little but as I am now nursing two with The Virus, I think I need to plump up before it hits me!

LifeofPo Sat 29-Dec-12 14:03:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Well, I would.
But the scales I ordered in my tesco delivery turned out to be kitchen scales blush I had imbibed a few jd's when placing an order late last night.

it's annoying because I'm pretty much recovering now and feel really hungry. Just have no idea what I fancy though sad Not cold meats etc, not sandwiches, not hot dinner.....gah sad

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 14:15:51

Terra grin

MatureUniStudent Sat 29-Dec-12 14:30:23

I have ploughed through Lindt, Matchmakers, a truely awful posh packet of chocolates (still ate them though) an ENOURMOUS Toblerone, plus lashings of wine and fried cheese sandwiches (blush)

And being a larger lady, I suspected a stone. But no. Thanks to the wonders of Christmas and the baby Jesus, only 4 lbs. I am stunned and thrilled, probably much like the shepherds and kings of yore.

Home made veggie soup for lunch today though...

FolkElf Sat 29-Dec-12 14:37:34

2lbs over December. I'm not counting it really because I know that as soon as I stop 'Christmas eating' it will go again.

I don't want to put too much on because I wanted to lose another stone and whilst I don't mind adding another lb or two to that total, I don't really want it to be any more than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now