Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To start watching buffy the vampire slayer now I'm not a teenager

(366 Posts)
InNeedOfBrandyButter Thu 27-Dec-12 18:12:16

Have love film and have just started series one episode one. Am actually really excited blush

sashh Fri 11-Jan-13 06:30:11

Right

Enough is enough.

We need to picket Joss Wheden for a new series.

How about Willow has found a new love, they use magic to create a baby that is genetically 50/50 theirs, no sperm donors or anything like that. That has to be potential for something spooky happening.

Xander will also have a new partner and a child/children.

Cue a whole new generation.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 11-Jan-13 06:32:16

Yup, TwllBach is right, he is referred to as William the Bloody in S2's School Hard, for his penchant for driving railroad spikes through his victims. It's not until much later that we find out about his "bloody awful poetry" wink

Hark! The lark,
It spake..... etc

grin

EmpressOfThePuddle Fri 11-Jan-13 07:42:31

Ah grin

Thanks, forgot about that.

I haven't read all the the thread but I'm 29 and have every single video box-set....I still watch them regularly.....best series ever.

I remember watching the last episode when it aired on BBC2 (I watched it from the beginning and never missed one)....I bawled like a baby

Oh God....I'm only on page 6 and already I've decided I NEED to re-watch them all again....it's been a couple of years since I have.

Hush....awesome...The Body...stunning (the way they have no incidental music or score just makes it so eerie and stark)...OMWF....best songs ever.....

GAAAAAARGH <<digs out VCR>>

When I discovered the dog had pissed on one of my box sets that was on the bottom shelf he very nearly went out the window....I didn't talk to him for 3 days.

Sorry for 3 posts in a row...

I tried to find a link but it looks like Fox has put it's foot down....

Giles singing "Behind Blue Eyes"

I so would....

AlphaBeta2012 Fri 11-Jan-13 09:43:29

Love Buffy but have to say don't be disappointed if after the first few series you begin to feel it is going downhill a bit....

Though my favourite episode ever was the musical one as it was just so random!!!

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 14-Jan-13 17:34:28

Only one episode to go of series 4 and yes, it's hit and miss. The Mayor was an infinitely better villain than Adam. But it had it's good points, including Hush, New Moon Rising and the Faith episodes, and I'm looking forward to staarting series 5.

EmpressOfThePuddle Tue 15-Jan-13 17:15:15

Passion had me on the edge of my seat, but then I knew what was coming.

With Reckless, I had no idea, and it was bloody scary. Willow fumbling her way through the red curtains backstage took me straight back to Twin Peaks - did anyone watch that?

TwllBach Sat 26-Jan-13 15:30:14

I'm watching the Glory season on SyFy today. It's just about to show Tara being drained by Glory and I'm all ready to cry grin

This is the season where I start to dislike Giles iirc, because it just seems like he's an almighty non help. I'm sure it's because they aren't teenagers anymore, but still.

And spike is just fabulous.

TwllBach Sat 26-Jan-13 18:45:34

Season six now.

God I love this programme. I would kiss Joss Whedons feet if I saw him on the street.

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 26-Jan-13 18:58:40

Not far behind you!
Just watched Into the Woods.
I agree, Spike is one great character. Then again I love the way Zander's growing up. And even that Giles is becoming less obviously mature and whatnot in comparison to the Scoobies, no longer feeling that he has to be the grownup.
Joyce though... I know she's been told she's fine (for now) but when she was getting all the bad news you'd see her stricken, just for a second, and then she'd put the smile back on for her girls. I'd love to see some of her posts on MN.

TwllBach Sat 26-Jan-13 19:04:17

It's so difficult to pick who you think is the best isn't it!

I think Xander is my out and out favourite. He's never been anything but himself, good, steadfast and loyal, even when faced with horrible things.
I do love spike but Xander tops it.

EmpressOfThePuddle Sun 27-Jan-13 10:26:00

Poor Spike... He's wooing Buffy right now and just can't do right for doing wrong.
Got as far as Joyce's death last night sad

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 27-Jan-13 10:27:33

Poor Joyce sad

EmpressOfThePuddle Sun 27-Jan-13 10:48:20

Yes.
I guess having just received the flowers, though, at least she died happy. And she didn't have to experience Buffy's death.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 27-Jan-13 10:52:45

The body was a great episode and the whole spike/buffy love affair surpassed what she had with angel imo. When he dies at the end and says he loves buffy and she says it back and he says "no you dont" - gets me everytime (sobs)

TheSilveryTinsellyPussycat Sun 27-Jan-13 12:34:20

And the sex with Spike was better than with Angel too. wink

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 27-Jan-13 13:14:04

Angel was drippy, spike had charisma.

EmpressOfThePuddle Sun 27-Jan-13 13:23:40

And I have all this yet to come :-D
Looking forward to Dark Willow. Though not to Tara's death :-(

JakeBullet Sun 27-Jan-13 13:28:08

Watched "Once More With Feeling" this morning. ...loved it..
"bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies. .....or maybe midgets"grin

That demon bloke was an amazing dancer too.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 27-Jan-13 13:29:58

All demons should wear Zoot Suits and spats grin

JakeBullet Sun 27-Jan-13 13:35:04

Yeah.....very fanciable move over Dawn grin .

EmpressOfThePuddle Fri 01-Feb-13 20:14:55

Just watched Intervention. Shows just how much Spike's changed...

And I LOVED the Buffybot's line 'It's Spike! And he's wearing his coat!'

TwllBach Tue 12-Feb-13 13:22:08

I'm watching the episode where Giles is back after they brought Buffy back.

The argument between Giles and willow is fabulous. "You rank, arrogant amateur" followed by the tiniest glimpse of willow being powerful.

God I love this programme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now