TESCO are not answering my email!!!

(30 Posts)
OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 14:35:57

I emailed tesco 9 days ago following very poor service whilst collecting my order from a local store. The incident included the assistant requesting to take my bank card through to the stock room whilst she looked for my package and becoming very rude when I said no.

AIBU to expect a reply? WIBU to not let her take it? I think I am right.

Ragwort Thu 13-Dec-12 19:48:23

I know I will sound really old fashioned but it's a bit mean that Tesco don't respond to written complaints - I wrote a month ago - no response - so wrote again last week - still no response. I am not into Twitter or Facebook and am sure many other people prefer to write (didn't want to phone as the complaint was origninally about customer service over the phone grin) !!

Had terrible service again today in one of their cafes so think I need to complain again !

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 19:44:47

WHOOT!

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 19:24:59

Thank you all!!!

Following two long calls to 'Conrad' and 'Caryl' I have progress... £30 voucher has been offered and customer services apologised. I have said that I would prefer the apology to come from my local store though.

You are all fab grin

OhThisIsJustGrape Thu 13-Dec-12 17:55:54

Do you use Facebook? After my emails were ignored for a week I posted on their FB page and the issue was resolved within the hour - they hate the negative publicity.

Mia4 Thu 13-Dec-12 17:55:33

Have you tried both these emails as well OP?

customer.service@tesco.co.uk and CustomerSupport@tesco.co.uk

Definitely go through facebook and link them to this page. Tesco have always been pretty good sorting my stuff out but it largely depends on a) what mood they are in and b) how much of an arsey (but not rude) bitch you are with them.

redandwhitesprinkles Thu 13-Dec-12 17:53:45

I rang them when a collect in store item wasn't there. To be fair, other than the original mistake, they were fantastic and bent over backwards to help locate the item. Andy in Scotland you are a star!

SuffolkNWhat Thu 13-Dec-12 17:49:51

I posted on their FB page (my exchange vouchers got cocked up) and it was sorted by Dave within 24 hours.

Worth a try.

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 16:52:17

I have emailed several times and tried to call even more and they are not answering calls! TESCO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF SUCH POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS angry

I will join twitter tonight when I get home. Will try to call one last time now.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 16:35:46

Twitter dude has told me he can only deal with OhTheConfusion directly. I have asked him (I am assuming him, may be a her) how she should do that? Smoke signals? They won't ring her.

Crumpetlover Thu 13-Dec-12 16:15:10

Write on their FB page as well; they usually answer pretty quickly on there

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:55:54

We can but try! I can PM them if you PM me! Also the order number if you have it?

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 15:53:58

Thank you so much. If I pm you my details could you ask them to call me? I am so mortified I just went to the local co-op to avoid the women in tesco sad

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:44:20

They just responded to my Tweet and said their systems are down and how can they help. I suggest they take a look at this thread.

Pandemoniaa Thu 13-Dec-12 15:24:38

Good luck with the tweeting. I'm still fairly shock about their decision to disregard emails. This is a major retailer who have the time and money to try and invade every High Street in the UK but cannot find the resources to put in place the most basic of customer services - an acceptable means of communication. Shame on them.

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 15:21:29

I will try that too! Thanks.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:20:48

I messed that up, BTW, it's @UKTesco not TescoUK. I've retweeted for you.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:19:24

Yeah, that's another way, though their Facebook page.

They answered on facebook right away for me after not answering their emails.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:15:37

Well, we'll see if they respond!

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 15:13:23

Thanks Tee Elf... you really are living up to your name! smile

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 15:08:19

I just Tweeted for you.

OhTheConfusion Thu 13-Dec-12 14:58:07

Thanks everyone,
I have just recieved the 'we are not answering emails' email and tried to call the number... which is not accepting calls due to unforseen circumstances angry

I am not on twitter... could anyone send tesco a link to this thread? I am happy to pm them my details. I am sooooo angry, I left the shop feeling so shakey and mortified then I cried in the greengrocers sad

She insisted that taking the card was to look for my package but she had already written my name on a piece of paper.

BreconBeBuggered Thu 13-Dec-12 14:46:15

I sent them an email after their phone went dead during a complicated query about a repair(only complicated because they couldn't accept that I'd moved house since getting my first and only club card). After the automated response I eventually got another one saying that due to the volume of emails they'd been receiving, they weren't going to reply to any of them, so yah boo sucks to you. Or words to that effect.

redskyatnight Thu 13-Dec-12 14:42:31

Tesco have a policy of not answering emails at them moment. I emailed them about a missing order and 10 days later I got a generic reply saying they weren't answering emails due to high volumes and most people resolving their issues over the phone (probably because their emails went unanswered ...)

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 14:40:53

Tweet them. @TescoUK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now