AIBU and V precious about dd2 going unrecognised at school?

(79 Posts)
TheSecondComing Thu 13-Dec-12 14:24:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KurriKurri Fri 14-Dec-12 12:10:36

I think if you are bothered by this, and your DD is bothered (and that's very understandable - the mix up over the Christmas list would feel like a very big injustice at her age) then you should say something - it shows your DD you will fight her corner if she's upset.

If you go in tactfully, point out the mistake (but don't make a huge issue of it) and say you are concerned your DD is not getting the rewards when she is trying v. hard, - what does she need to do to in her work to merit an award etc etc (i.e go in with the attitude of you and the teacher between you, tackling a problem) then I don't think they will think you are a loon. (And actually it doesn't really matter if they do - what matters is that you feel you want to do something, so you should do it.)

good luck smile

MummytoKatie Fri 14-Dec-12 13:11:52

So your dd is working at Year 2 level and she did a piece of work for her friend that is working at Year R level? Well - it's no wonder her friend got praised!

Not sure what the right thing to do here is. Maybe mention to the teacher without turning it into a big drama.

However, I think that is minor in comparison to the fact that this may not be the right school for your dd. There are two possibilities here - one is that your dd is genuinely gifted. The other is that she is a very bright little girl who appears gifted in the context of the school.

If it is the second then there may be another school where she would be able to stay in her own class for lessons. Or maybe move to Y1 rather than Y2. Which has to be a better situation from a general "happy at school" point of view.

TheSecondComing Fri 14-Dec-12 13:31:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

upstart68 Fri 14-Dec-12 21:35:03

I kind of see this from the other side.

My dd is good at some things, not so good at others. Recently she scraped into an extention group. She worked in a team one day and they won the prize. I asked her were your answers right? No she said but A and B's were (the other team members). I got mine all wrong.

So she didn't deserve the prize but it gave her a chance to feel what winning felt like. She's been in school three years and never been picked for anything and never won a prize. She was so happy and so proud.

Yours will win loads of prizes - give it time. But don't make a fuss and take the joy away from this other dc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now