Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

am I being unseasonable to not do christmas fancy dress at work?

(13 Posts)
complexnumber Thu 13-Dec-12 15:25:55

Put your knickers on the outside of your normal dress, and a santa hat on as well.

You will be then sent home to sleep it off for a few hours.

Go in on Monday as per normal

TapirAroundTheChristmasTree Thu 13-Dec-12 14:29:47

YANBU

I've worked at a place where we had no choice in the matter, and spent one xmas eve dressed as 'sexy' <boak> Mrs Santas. Had to provide the approved outfit ourselves and spent the day freezing my arse off.

Never again.

HazelnutinCaramel Thu 13-Dec-12 14:10:00

Brown top, get one of those headbands with antlers on it, red lipstick on end of nose, eyeliner for black spots on cheeks.

HorraceTheChristmasOtter Thu 13-Dec-12 14:04:19

I wear a red dress and sparkly earrings for these occasions... YANBU.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Thu 13-Dec-12 14:01:14

Just wear something red/green or a Santa hat.

Anyone expecting grown adults to dress as elves is bonkers!

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 13:56:22

No you are not.

Fancy dress is for children. If you have to do something, wear a red dress and stick some holly on your shoulder. The prickles will keep the drunken pricks at bay grin

Atthewelles Thu 13-Dec-12 13:54:46

I wouldn't worry. A lot of people will probably just throw on a cheap Santa hat or wear Christmas tree earrings or somesuch. Just make a gesture towards dressing up to show you're not being a killjoy but don't go to any real trouble.

BigShinyBaubles Thu 13-Dec-12 13:52:41

YANBU. I wouldn't either, I refused to wear bloody antlers last week!
I've got a lovely sparkly brooch and some glitzy earrings..that's my limit grin

Lia87 Thu 13-Dec-12 13:27:02

or a red top and a poundland santa hat

sausagesandwich34 Thu 13-Dec-12 12:12:52

the humbug I could do lol

LondonElfInFestiveCheerBoots Thu 13-Dec-12 12:11:15

Dress up as Scrooge grin

Or, get a black and white striped outfit (pinstriped suit and striped jumper or some such) and be a Humbug!!!

And a flashing Christmas pin smile

UnacceptableAmountOfSherry Thu 13-Dec-12 12:09:27

YABU surely you can manage to fling a bit on tinsel on at the very least? smile

sausagesandwich34 Thu 13-Dec-12 12:06:41

it's fancy dress at work at the weekend, normally wear uniform potenial for getting mucky, not usually but can happen

strangely being 34, I don't have a range of dressing up clothes in my wardrobe to enable me to dress up as an elf or what have you

money is a bit tight and I really don't see why I should go out and buy something

do I have to dress up or am I being a scrooge?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now