to ask who you want to win Masterchef?

(88 Posts)
grovel Thu 13-Dec-12 11:45:26

Oli, Keri or Anton?

I'm backing Keri.

ANTON smile

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Thu 13-Dec-12 16:11:57

Keri, Keri, Keri

Although Oli is very sweet and talented too.

ventilatormum Thu 13-Dec-12 17:03:00

Oli is lovely but too young as yet I think.
I find Keri very annoying though her food looks amazing....
Anton for me every time!
DD and I have decided we will save £20 a month and when we have enough will go to the Fat Duck ....
Go Anton....

SueFawley Thu 13-Dec-12 17:14:36

This is the first series I've been unable to firmly pick a favourite. Oli, Kerri and Anton have all stood out for me right from the start (although I did like 'foraging' James). I think I have to sit firmly on the fence, I can't choose one over the other two.

crookedcrock Thu 13-Dec-12 17:36:49

Agree with Tanith above. All great cooks but am rooting for either of the boys over Kerri- I hope Anton wins.

Ventilatormum, I am also saving up, but to go the Hand and Flowers owned by the lovely Tom Kerridge. I'm sure his appearances on Masterchef will do wonders for his restaurant as he was so kind and encouraging and the food on his website looks amazing smile

DecktheHallswithTroughsofBolly Thu 13-Dec-12 18:46:28

Keri. I used to be a chef and I am overjoyed that she is flying the flag for female chefs being just as good, if not better, than the boys.

I suspect from her facial expressions that Monica hearts her too smile

ThePlEWhoLovedMe Thu 13-Dec-12 18:50:13

Really warmed to Oli and Keri and think they are both great ...would be happy if either won, however I have a sneaky feeling Anton might win.

Bilbobagginstummy Thu 13-Dec-12 18:57:29

Anton.
Think he is just better than Keri, Oli is behind the two of them but still all 3 are outstanding.

Tanith Thu 13-Dec-12 19:39:47

Yes, I was sorry James didn't get through - he was so enthusiastic about his food and he had a great skills test. Don't remember about the other two, but Keri's skill test was disastrous!

SanityClause Thu 13-Dec-12 19:45:49

Keri!

She always looks so scared, but she always seems to prepare lovely food.

Loislane78 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:24:23

Tough call, I like Anton but Keri is v precise and Oli seems nice hmmmm, Oli doesn't seem to have done as well recently as he did in the earlier rounds. Anton is a good team player so I'll go for him!!

borednotboring Thu 13-Dec-12 20:47:00

I love Keri, she seems so nice and is so good at what she does

flossy101 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:54:09

Anton

INeedThatForkOff Thu 13-Dec-12 20:59:48

Great decision <warm glow>

OodKingWenceslas Thu 13-Dec-12 21:00:04

Fantastic final result!

bruffin Thu 13-Dec-12 21:00:38

Brilliant, so pleased they both got it

badtime Thu 13-Dec-12 21:00:51

I done a little cry.

Just fabulous smile

izzyizin Thu 13-Dec-12 21:04:53

Aw, poor Olly. Just a little too young and too inexperienced. I hope M. Roux will take him on at Le Gavroche or he gets to spend a year or two in Alain Ducasse's restaurant at the Dorchester. I imagine he'll be snapped up by any fine dining establishment he applies to.

Bit mean that Olly was out on his own but there wasn't anything to separate the other two.

StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Thu 13-Dec-12 21:05:58

Brilliant result! Loved this series and the finals programmes this week have been outstanding

Bilbobagginstummy Thu 13-Dec-12 21:13:47

I do think it's a cop-out for them not to have named an overall winner. There must have been something to set one apart.

badtime Thu 13-Dec-12 21:15:46

I think they both dug their heels in - Michel liked Anton, Gregg liked Keri, neither would back down.

izzyizin Thu 13-Dec-12 22:19:19

Gender comes to mind, Bilbo grin

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Thu 13-Dec-12 22:26:49

I think it was the right result. There was nothing to call between the two of them - maybe Anton's creative edge but even then...
This series had been the best ever IMO and I really hope they all do well esp little Oli.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now