to ask who you want to win Masterchef?

(88 Posts)
grovel Thu 13-Dec-12 11:45:26

Oli, Keri or Anton?

I'm backing Keri.

Lottapianos Thu 13-Dec-12 13:44:04

Love them all - they seem like genuinely nice people. It's hard to choose between Keri and Anton but if pushed I would say Keri. Agree with others - Oli is amazing but doesn't have enough experience yet.

I will really miss it so much next week - it's been a fantastic series.

DragonMamma Thu 13-Dec-12 13:44:54

Oli Oli Oli!

I warmed to him from the start, I think his attitude is amazing and he's handled himself really well.

I didn't think Keri had much of a chance before the finals started but she's really stepped it up and I think they are pretty much all level now although I think Anton will win.

I love how much Michel clearly loves Oli though, he'll definitely give him a job when this is over, you can see how much he admires him and how he's worked.

3ForMe Thu 13-Dec-12 13:46:52

What did you think of The Fat Duck?

After seeing that last night I would live to go and experience it..... Though I might have to pick up some chips on the way home.

Didn't look very filling-but don't suppose that's the point!

bruffin Thu 13-Dec-12 13:53:13

Those bits were just a part of the tasting menu. I think there are about 10 items. Would love to go but it's £195 a person.

bruffin Thu 13-Dec-12 13:54:21

Meant 10 courses.

McKayz Thu 13-Dec-12 13:54:26

Keri or Ollie.

Lottapianos Thu 13-Dec-12 13:56:43

Thought The Fat Duck was absolutely stunning. Keri looked on the verge of tears when she saw the Mad Hatter's Tea Party dish and I don't blame her. That BFG dessert - have mercy! And was really impressed by how absolutely lovely and encouraging the FD chefs were to the contestants unlike Marcus Waring other chefs earlier in the series

Pancakeflipper Thu 13-Dec-12 13:57:32

Ollie. Team Ollie here. Dragonmama - hope he gets a job with Michel, that would be lovely.

Or Keri - her food always looks divine.

I haven't warmed to Anton at all.

Pancakeflipper Thu 13-Dec-12 13:58:25

Oh yes Lotta - wasn't Marcus Waring a patronising up-his-own-bum pillock.

BellaVita Thu 13-Dec-12 14:00:10

I would like Ollie to win.

Stokey38 Thu 13-Dec-12 14:01:24

Keri, she is so focussed and a brilliant chef. I really like Oli and I reckon the lovely Michael Roux will offer him a job. They are all really good this year.

Lottapianos Thu 13-Dec-12 14:02:59

Agree Pancake. And he looks like a contract killer with those cold dead eyes. Couldnt stand the other bloke in the restaurant in Cambridge - he was verging on shouting and harassing as well. Tom Kerridge and the FD chefs were luffly smile

I love Oli, but he's not up to it yet.
Love Kerri, but prefer Antons food.
On balance, I don't mind at all!!

The preview showed Michel saying it was the closest ever.

JustinBoobie Thu 13-Dec-12 14:11:36

I RUDDY LOVE MASTERCHEF!

I wish they could all win quite frankly.

Sucks they can't.

Do any of you remember Keri's first round.... Terrible, she only just made it through!!!

JustinBoobie Thu 13-Dec-12 14:14:50

The Fat Duck made me emotional!

But I am mental.

grin - see??

Tanith Thu 13-Dec-12 14:21:09

Anton

Or Oli

I like them both, but think Anton has the edge. His ideas are fantastic!

Keri fast got on my nerves with her over-emotional behaviour, an awful lot of it put on, imho.

StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Thu 13-Dec-12 14:22:17

Have loved this series! Usually I have a favourite but this year I think all 3 are great - and in particular they're all likeable.
Can't wait for tonight grin

grovel Thu 13-Dec-12 14:23:04

My DH has been to the Fat Duck 3 times on other people's expenses. How unfair is that when, at heart, he is a steak and chips man?

tearoomtrash Thu 13-Dec-12 14:41:21

Lovely, lovely Anton smile

Lottapianos Thu 13-Dec-12 15:39:51

'Keri fast got on my nerves with her over-emotional behaviour'

People handle stress in different ways Tanith. I have been known to burst into tears at the drop of a hat when stressed out - it's just a way of coping. She desperately wants to win, as they all do, and it means so much to her, it's surely not surprising that she's obviously emotional.

Latonia Thu 13-Dec-12 15:43:41

I want Anton to win. The other 2 have been great but I think he's got the edge.

Stinkyminkymoo Thu 13-Dec-12 15:59:10

It's so hard to call it this year I think. They are all so talented and come across as really nice people too.

I thought the FD chefs were lovely, it must be nerve-wracking having 3 unproven chefs in your 3* kitchen!

I also thought that Tom Kerridge was very kind and encouraging and I liked him! smile

sabbby82 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:00:47

Keri

Bingdweller Thu 13-Dec-12 16:06:01

Keri to win.

Oil is fantastic, but just a bit inexperienced yet. Anton is great but he reminds me so much of David Brent in his mannerisms that I can't see past that!

Bingdweller Thu 13-Dec-12 16:07:03

Oli even... daft autocorrect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now