To think it's not normal to regularly call your teenage daughter a 'fucking little slut'

(55 Posts)
Crumpetlover Thu 13-Dec-12 09:40:31

And that it's verging on abusive.

AIBU?

akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 13:15:54

Yep grin. It's funny now I am past it. Thing is once you stick up for yourself they will probably cut you off for a while. You need to be able to handle that and be ready for it. And it will probably take more than once. PM me if you want to talk more smile.

TalkativeJim Thu 13-Dec-12 13:37:45

CUT THEM OUT.

Don't let them do this to your children.

Walk away.

You sound as if you have a lovely family now - a proper family, and that you are a great mum. They're not your family and never have been! - family is about more than blood ties.

You don't need them.

You certainly don't owe them anything but contempt

You certainly don't need to appease them in any way.

You're 'difficult', are you? Really? That would be the opinion of two blinkered, nasty, controlling abusers, right? Yes, I'll totally make time for their fair and just observations...

You have all the tools within you to move on and not waste one moment more of your precious life allowing them to sully it. You can do it x

susanann Thu 13-Dec-12 16:15:05

I agree with Talkative Jim. They are awful. Sure all parents make mistakes but bloody hell! You have come out of this and are moving on. Good for you! I would say cut them out, they are poisonous! Have a great Christmas with your own little family.

peaceandlovebunny Thu 13-Dec-12 18:07:52

its not that easy to walk away.

my mother, from my earliest days, told me i wanted to have sex with my father and was trying to take her place. i had no idea what she was on about.

she's started it up again recently. i'm 55. my dad is 80. he's a surprisingly handsome man for his age, but he's my dad. she's told the nurses on her hospital ward that i want sex with him. she is mentally ill, by the way, and was probably abused as a child. but its very wearing. daughter describes my relationship with my dad as 'cordial but distant', which i think is fair.

i'll probably go and see her this weekend, have the nurses snigger at me, have her tell me i'm ugly and after my father, and listen to how much she loves other members of the family.

walk away if you can, crumpetlover, but if you don't, i will understand. the counselling, the family, will help you heal, over time.

SarahWarahWoo Sat 15-Dec-12 09:50:51

Crumpet can you ask your counsellor to help you move on without getting your parents to admit anything? You may have been encouraged to face up to them and ask them for answers but in my experience they will just deny everything and you will be left even more frustrated. If you can be the better person, not dwell on them not being able to be honest with themselves then you could continue a relationship with them, do really well in your life as a silent statement and move on safe in the knowledge that you are a good person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now