The Wombles

(21 Posts)
shockers Sat 15-Dec-12 10:31:52

WillSingForCake, he could ski and he was the strong silent type total opposite to DH I still fancy blokes like that now grin.

AnneNonimousLetterToSanta Fri 14-Dec-12 14:02:17

I wasn't allowed wombles, my mum took the song the wrong way and thought they were common sad

quoteunquote Fri 14-Dec-12 13:51:19

my mate's dad just drew all the new womble stuff, he looks a bit like a womble.

sorry not helpful.

GothAnneGeddes Fri 14-Dec-12 13:20:29

Willsing - if you ever saw the childhood cartoon crushes thread on here, you would be reassured that you were not alone smile

Shockers am pissing myself laughing at your post, as I had a bit of a thing for Tomsk too! Never realised I had competition for his affections grin

I had a Wombles pillow-case & would kiss him goodnight. Looking back, this is really very weird behaviour blush

Can anyone help?

Hello
Anyone about today who has ever been to a wombles concert. If so when and where?
Thanks x

CelstialNavigation Wed 12-Dec-12 18:44:27

I've always liked the scene in Vicar of Dibley when the vicar tries to break it to Alice that the Wombles were in costume.

InkleWinkle Wed 12-Dec-12 17:19:52

Wow, were they big enough for the playhouse??

shockers Wed 12-Dec-12 16:57:49

My first crush was Tomsk blush.

SilverBaubles33 Wed 12-Dec-12 15:08:38

specialsubject - she was a sexy minx, it wouldn't surprise me if she'd brought some of her oo la la to SW19.

Myliferocks Wed 12-Dec-12 11:38:47

My 8 yr old loves the wombles.
He has a soft toy Orinocco and has asked for a soft toy Bungo for Christmas.
He also has a lot of Wombles books
I didn't realise there is an appreciation society for them!
Sorry to hijack the thread.

I think it was the Playhouse - I'll really have to work out where I stored that ticket.....

InkleWinkle Tue 11-Dec-12 22:10:02

AMumInScotland
Where did you see them? Leith Town Hall??

specialsubject Tue 11-Dec-12 21:53:39

I'm just loving the idea that the Wombles disbanded, and speculating on the reasons.

musical differences? tidy-bag fight? Madame Cholet three-in-a-bed sessions?

(gets coat..)

dinkybinky Tue 11-Dec-12 21:32:20

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-wombles-appreciation-thread.152241/

You could ask on here.

Thank you.

Narrowing it down but still would like to find out where the venues were.

Did anyone else go to a wombles concert?

Wikipedia says they were big around Christmas 1975 and disbanded in 1976 if that helps narrow it down any.

Thanks for your reply. Wish I still had my ticket would solve my problem.

Anyone else maybe concerts in the south of england?

I saw the WOmbles "live" in Edinburgh, I think probably in 1976 though it could have been a year or two earlier. Somewhere I have an autograph from one of the Wombles on the back of the ticket, but I don't think I could lay my hand on it very quickly...

To ask you all to help me. Have a strange family argument going on at present (mad auntie).

Does anyone know if there was a wombles ( as in of wimbledon commen)music concert at windsor safari park of enfield in the 70s?

We think it would have been 1974, 1975 or 1976.

If not tell me when and where you saw the wombles band and that may help.
If anyone knows/ has an idea where I may get this information I would also love to hear from you.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now