to not wanna work on Sundays

(30 Posts)
gringosnake Mon 10-Dec-12 08:48:01

My work suddenly decided on Saturday that they wanted me to work on Sunday for 3hrs to get the store ready for competition opening up soon (turned down) Then told that the rota has been done for the month and that I AM working 10-4 Sunday the 23rd Dec. My store has never opened on a Sunday EVER (or at least in the 6yrs i've been there). I have said no to this but have been told that I need to talk/explain myself to the store manager. I have already made plans with my ds for that day. AIBU?

gringosnake Mon 10-Dec-12 09:55:45

it is retail but it's a pawn shop (not saying which company tho)

AmazingBouncingBabyJesus Mon 10-Dec-12 09:57:07

If you are indeed working for who I think you are working for (store that never opens Sundays) then YANBU. It's not like you've known that you could be working a Sunday. You've been given too little notice (I'm sure it's supposed to be 3 weeks) and have every right to decline working the shift.

AmazingBouncingBabyJesus Mon 10-Dec-12 09:58:16

Oh xpost I thought you were at the place that famously refuses to open sundays! grin

Still think yu've been given too little notice though...

Icelollycraving Mon 10-Dec-12 09:59:50

Well I assume in the current climate pawnbrokers are doing well & want to really 'cash in'. Makes sound business sense. As suggested by alexander if you have booked tickets sometime ago,that may get you off. If it is a day that can be rearranged,then I think you should work it.

samandi Mon 10-Dec-12 10:11:43

YANBU. Your employers sound rather disorganised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now